Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!

I am sooooo excited to finally have a Honda Element. I'm hardly a car junkie, but I've dreamt about owning one of these since the concept car broke through to production in '03. If you're in upstate NY and you see another Element honking and flashing its lights at you, it's probably me. Yeah, I'm that guy. :razz:

This is the first car I've ever owned where I'm really getting involved: Honda teardrop keychain, touch up paint, DIY repairs and still planning for other mods and accessorizing. I've already ventured into a few things: getting colored light bulbs for the dash, custom seatback bungees, new bulb for the gear shift indicator. I'm having a really hard time removing the dash bulbs from the twist lock bases, but I'll keep digging through the forums for more help.

Also wanted to give sincere thanks to all those who bother to post their knowledge on this site to help lost souls such as myself to find the right path. THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's amazing how fast the disease is spreading!! :shock:

The Element isn't just transportation, it's an attitude, a mindset, and for some a lifestyle.
Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the new ride.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
I'm having a really hard time removing the dash bulbs from the twist lock bases
The best tool I've found for this is a pair of dedicated bulb-puller pliers, formerly available from Harbor Freight Tools.

OSA-Werkzeug B001U538EO
JTC tools JTC-4056
Pittsburgh 65520

The good news is that I found some on Amazon today. The bad news is that they're $35 a pair!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Hi and welcome! We need pics, of course. I, too, waited for 9 years to get an E. I bought a Toy 4Runner instead of an E in 03. Thought that the E wouldn't work for my construction work. I was wrong. The E would have been better, saved me money and would have been more fun (based on the past year of having one). Oh well, live and learn. Again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts