Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if you guys could give me a figure to shoot for when I go to the dealers in chicago area. I am not in a hurry but would like to get one by July.

Ex 4wd SOP
keyless
foglights
armrest
splashguards

thanks in advance for your help
-Bill

·
Registered
424 Posts
Automatic right?

Well M.S.R.P is $21,310 and i would try to take off 1,210 so a good starting price would be 20,100.

I got keyless for 167.00 < this includes Tax and Labor >

I got the fog lights from Handaaccessories.com for 242.50
The dealer installed them for free :D

The arm rest i got from Hondacuraworld.com for i think 96.00 plus a 2.00 handling fee
You can install the arm rest yourself and save 40.00 from the dealer

Splash guard thrown in for free
but you can purchase them through Hondacuraworld.com for 58.00 plus a 2.00 handling fee.

I would suggest the alarm system, the hood air deflector, the rear bumper trim < you know about Chicago drivers hitting your car left and right >

I also got the cargo cover, cargo net, cargo organizer, cargo tray, side steps, bungee cords, seat covers, floor mats.

I went to Grand Honda and my sales person was Amit Valera. He is a nice guy but do not let Grand Honda install anything!!! I went to Fletcher Jones Honda and they treat you like a King there and they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd recommend a few dealers -- these are both very, very nice and have great pricing:

Kim Tornabeni
Honda of Joliet
815-439-2222

Larry Hernandez
Carr's Honda
(sorry don't have ph #)

Shoot for $500-$700 over invoice and you will have a very good deal. Plus, with all your accessories, you should find dealers willing to deal with you. Good luck! Do a search for Kim on this site and you will see she has posted some special deals.

Steve

·
Registered
424 Posts
Today Jacob's Twin was selling the 2WD EX for 17995! I know you wanted the 4WD but if they are selling the 2WD for 436 under invoice, i am sure you can get the 4WD at or under invoice. Jacob's Twin was also offering 1.9% financing but it has to be in stock. I personal don't like the dealer even though they have the best price. They treat you like crap so i decided to go to Grand Honda and be treated like a human being.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
273 Posts
Invoice for a 2WD EX is 17232, so they aren't selling at below invoice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. I am going to go to Mcgrath in St. Charles tonight to test drive and feel them out just because they are right by my house.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm looking for a green EX 2wd 5spd. If anyone knows of one sitting in a dealers lot in the Chicagoland area PLEASE send me an E-mail or reply. Thanks :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts