Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and hope to get the same support I did on other forums I have participated in. Sorry my profile says I have one but I couldn't find any other way to join. From the best I can tell I want a 2007+ EX AWD. I like the ones with the black plastic fenders though and they seem to stop in '07? I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you looking for advice on what year/model to get or where to find the 07 EX?

I have an 08 EX, no plastic panels, and I love it. I've hauled so much stuff in there, I can't even list it all: a recliner, dogs, landscaping supplies.

If you're trying to find a specific used E, I would recommend use Autotrader.com .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for advice on what year/model to get or where to find the 07 EX?

I have an 08 EX, no plastic panels, and I love it. I've hauled so much stuff in there, I can't even list it all: a recliner, dogs, landscaping supplies.

If you're trying to find a specific used E, I would recommend use Autotrader.com .
Thanks for the reply, I am looking for advice on what year/model to buy or where to find one. From what I have read the '07 on up has some changes that might be better and the EX has more options. AWD is a must just because I want one. I have been looking up and down the net across the country. I am looking for a red or orange one. Did they stop the plastic panels in '07?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hello there and welcome.

To understand a bit more of your question, could you elaborate on what it is you see on the '07+ that you feel is better? In reality they are really all the same. A few more airbags is really the only difference I have found. Oh, and a little more power but that can always be added later.;-)

The '06's where the last to come in none painted panel EX models.

You may also be able to find someone with and older model E that would like to have painted fenders that is willing to swap with you here on the board. The fenders are pretty interchangeable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello there and welcome.

To understand a bit more of your question, could you elaborate on what it is you see on the '07+ that you feel is better? In reality they are really all the same. A few more airbags is really the only difference I have found. Oh, and a little more power but that can always be added later.;-)

The '06's where the last to come in none painted panel EX models.

You may also be able to find someone with and older model E that would like to have painted fenders that is willing to swap with you here on the board. The fenders are pretty interchangeable.
Scorsone, mainly the HP I have read so much I can hardly remember now but I thought there were some changes with the suspension and also the seat belts? Have spent the last 4 years on the Jeep forum with my last vehicle I thought it best to come to the Element forum first for advice. My wife really likes the ones with the black plastic that's the deal with that.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have a '05 and don't find it lacking power. Now more power is always nice and I have to admit I have not driven a newer model but there are some really inexpensive mods that can boost your power quickly and easily. I have not done any yet to mine but have a few planned.

The seatbelt change is a 50/50 sort of thing. Some people like them some don't. You might want to really check out the two to see which feels better to you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information, Thats why I love the forums becasue I get to hear everybodies opinions BEFORE I buy. Are there any years I should flat out avoid?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Not from any kind of problem years. The early years had some windshield issues but that has mostly been corrected with a TSB. Gone by the time the 2005 models came out.

I personally love the gray/black plastic fenders and was very sad to see them go. Glad to hear there are still people out there that are looking for them.

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's my understanding that the 03-04 years had some issues with corrosion in the cooling system due to bad anti-freeze from the factory. As for the seat belt thing, I believe the earlier models had seat belts mouted to the door jam area making it a little more difficult to enter the rear seat, whereas the newer models are seat mounted. Like others have said, it's personal preference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I will keep looking. Cars.com seems to have a ton on there but its a matter of finding that right color, low miles and relatively close to my house type deal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The 07 and 08 LX have the black plastic panels, the EX has painted plastic panels. I traded in a perfectly good 03 EX for an 07 LX because the 07 has the side and side curtain air bags, VSA, TPMS, 5AT (your RPMs are around 2200 at 70 mph as opposed to 3300 RPMs with the 03-06 4AT), and a few extra horses (you can really tell the difference climbing long mountain grades). To me, this list was enough to rule out any 03-06.

The differences between the LX and the EX for 07-08: unpainted vs painted, basic CD player vs 270watt stereo system with aux jack, foot level storage vs overhead bin, steelies vs alloy rims, waterproof seats in the front vs all four seats with FXC fabric. I wanted the unpainted panels more than a fancy stereo, so... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the good information on the differences in the years. I figure if I am buying an Element for the first time I might as well learn from all you guys/girls before hand.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Scorsone, mainly the HP I have read so much I can hardly remember now but I thought there were some changes with the suspension and also the seat belts? Have spent the last 4 years on the Jeep forum with my last vehicle I thought it best to come to the Element forum first for advice. My wife really likes the ones with the black plastic that's the deal with that.
The suspension changes were a firmer lowered suspension, and they were only on the SC model (that debuted in '07). Beginning in '07 the seatbelts were integrated into the front seats, as opposed to being integrated into the faux B-pillars of the rear doors as they were in '03-'06.

Also, '03-'06 and '07-present use the same engine. '07 and up got a 5-speed-automatic instead of a 4-speed auto, and they got a revised air intake that added 10 hp (166 instead of 156). Those two things would probably make the newer automatics notably peppier.

The '07s also got drive-by-wire throttle and Vehicle Stability Assist, so if you fear electronic control of your vehicle, that's worth knowing.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
None taken. You asked for advice and we gave you all the info we could to help you out.

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I do have my eye on a 2006 that might be to hard to pass up regardless. All the advice is very helpfull. Thanks!
I got a black 2006 EX 4x4 last November with the black (very dark gray) plastic panels. I really liked that color combination when I saw it. I would have liked a 5 spd manual but I'm enjoying the automatic now that I've driven it a while. It has more than enough power for me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good deal how is it in the snow? How about the I-70 corridor?
One reason I got the 4WD was for snow - I made a good choice as it does great. Yes, it also likes I-70.

I noticed under your name it says you have a 2007 4WD EX AT Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP). So you found your E?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts