Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Yak rack for my mountain bike and I want to know which is one is the best fit for the E. I was looking at the Copperhead one but it was 500 bucks! I'll look on ebay too for a cheaper one, I also want a deflector for the front, that's such an awesome look!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yakima and Thule...about same price, do the same thing. get faring for it too.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yakima and Thule...about same price, do the same thing. get faring for it too.
Yep I'll be getting a fairing too for sure, I love the look. I'll take a look at Thule too :grin:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
A rack just for a bike? IMO, I'd look into getting a 2" hitch and a hitch mounted bike rack. Much less of a pain than having to throw the bike on top every time.

I have a Hollywood 4 bike rack on mine and love it. Easy to put on and take off. I'll never load another bike inside the car. EVER!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you are in a major hurry, take the time to check out both ebay and craigslist....
I have purchased all the pieces for my yakima rack through one or the other..
My wife and I have mountain bikes, but different styles of frames. One of us uses the king cobra, the other an older style lockjaw... picked the lockjaw up really cheaply, spent some cash on newer hardware, and looks great. Pre-owned bars, and towers... again worth the time looking and bidding...

I agree.. if I had to do it again, I would go for the hitch mount... does save time and having to lift the bikes to the roof. And having to watch for low-overhead clearance, but that is another story...

But for camping we have a folding valley carrier for the hitch, with a box and cooler... so the roof was the best option... bought a good three-step ladder to use... which also comes in handy when washing/waxing...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I lost one bike to a low parking ramp on the roof so only the kayaks go up there now!
If you only have one or two bikes it's easiest to just throw them in the back of the E and if you don't have the room a hitch rack can be had for less than fifty bucks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys! Yeah it would be a pain to keep hauling my bike on top of the E and I never liked the look of the hitch bike racks but they are cheaper and easier so I'll probably will have to give in to one of those. But for now I'll just put it in the back :-D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Get both, roof rack and hitch rack, haul it all !
How do you like the rocky mounts?

I am having a issue finding a way to bring everything that me and my girlfriend have here in college back home. we have 3 bikes, bunch of luggage, rabbit cage, fish tank, and the list goes on.

I was thinking to buy 2 rocky mounts, or rola rack? any ideas as to which one is better. My key thing is it has to be cheap.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had both yakima steelheads and rockymounts and honestly the rocky mounts were just as good and cheaper than yakima...I know I have a Thule Doubletrack on the hitch and love it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts