Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Long time since I've been on this board but I had a question and I knew this was the place to ask.

So the wife and I just boat 2 Kayaks a 10ft and a 12ft.

I had bought 2 Thule J attachments for my old Jeep but it has since died so I turned to my 2004 Element.

I don't have the factory rack so I am planning on buying a complete Thule rack system to use my J attachments on.

Are there any complications I should be aware of? Will this work fine?

thanks,
JJ

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thule rack system and J attachments

When you use the Thule Fit Guide => http://www.orsracksdirect.com/thule-racks.html it lists 50 inch load bars (LB50) for the E. IMO, do to the height of the E roof, the 58 inch load bars are a better choice for Hull-A-Port "J" racks. Means you have to order the 430 Tracker II Foot Pack, LB58 Load Bars and TK9 Tracker Kit as separate items (the total price should be the same).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the reply. I used the racking guide on the Thule website and it suggested the following:

THULE 430R Rapid Tracker II Foot Pack

THULE RB53 Rapid Aero Aluminum Load Bars

THULE TK9 Tracker FKit

I will look into the 58s as you suggested. I am going to purchase from EMS because they are having a 20% off Thule Sale.

jj

·
Registered
816 Posts
Are the locks a worthwhile purchase?
For sure, you can buy in increments of two. I'd recommend you buy more than you think you need (buy 6 or 8 instead of the 4 you will use in the foot packs). I have the same key for all the Thule cylinders on the E and the Ford van plus our kayak/long bike trailer. The T2 bike rack and the hitch lock all take the same cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts