Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just took a trip From Gainesville, Ga to St. Simon, Ga. I messed up on the way down with my gas because of I forgot that the Element likes show the gas light with 4 gallons left early and ended up refilling. But on the way back from St. Simon, Ga we Stopped in Savannah River Street and then made it back to my parts part of town Suwanee, Ga. I drove 350 miles before I pulled into a gas station. There was I believe 1.2 Gallons left in the tank after I filled up. Is this normal, bad, or good for an Element? I was averaging 65mph all the way back up.

·
Registered
963 Posts
350 out of the tank would be better than I've ever gotten! Of course the altitude difference might influence that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
350 out of the tank would be better than I've ever gotten! Of course the altitude difference might influence that.
Yeah altitude has it's part for sure. What are you getting tank wise on highway trips?

If you didn't run out of gas and get stuck on the side of the road then you are good.
Indeed my friend. Wish I had a way to tell after the gas lights comes on. I have to go by my driving style and my mpg. I know there is 4 gallons left when that light comes on.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah altitude has it's part for sure. What are you getting tank wise on highway trips?

Indeed my friend. Wish I had a way to tell after the gas lights comes on. I have to go by my driving style and my mpg. I know there is 4 gallons left when that light comes on.
300, maybe 320 if it's flat the entire way. It's funny, not until I hit 100K miles did I start seeing increases in the fuel mileage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
300, maybe 320 if it's flat the entire way. It's funny, not until I hit 100K miles did I start seeing increases in the fuel mileage.
That is what I get city and highway mixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts