Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i bought them...in my opinion, they are poorly designed

the lip on the sides does not come up enough, so dirt etc just slides off and ends up under the mat

the worst part is that the right side, drivers side, does not cover the area where you put your left foot...thus not protecting that area

if you are in the market for them , id wait .... im going to ditch mine as soon as husky has liners ready

anyone hear when husky will be ready?

robert

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Hey spaceman,

I bought them and 4500 miles later I'd still recommend them. I haven't had problems with dirt going over the side--it seems to hold everything in. The edges aren't as high as weathertech mats, but I also don't expect the same problems I had with the taller ridges in the weathertech mats breaking off as they did in my last car. No experience with husky.
I agree that the mat doesn't cover the area where you're likely to rest your left foot, but it hasn't caused any problems for me. At least the area isn't carpet that will hold the soil (as in my last car--not even the aftermarket mats solved the problem). It may relate to the complete lack of snow here in the SF area, but it hasn't presented a problem after trail riding or hiking either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me be more clear...the mats stink

dont buy them

people should expect more

it is more trouble cleaning the e, with the mats...., then with out them

r

·
Registered
71 Posts
it is more trouble cleaning the e, with the mats...., then with out them
The element is easy to clean in the first place. With the mats I don't need a cloth or a broom. You just lift the mats out, shake off or hose down and put back in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I disagree, spacemen. I like the mats. I just got back from a 3600 mile road trip, and floor clean-up was to pull the mats and hose them. There was very little dirt under the mats.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like the All Season mats so far. I don't like the husky liners, which we have at work, because they are slippery plastic, not rubber and the edges always curl up and try to trip you on the way out of the vehicle :x

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the mats are great too. No problems with stuff spilling over the edges. A nitwit friend of mine spilled a super size coke and it was way easy to clean up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought these two super heavy rubber mats from Advance Auto and the work wonderful. Sometimes they start to slide up towards the front though. But they are very heavy and were only $20 so I thought they were a pretty good deal compared to the expensive ones made for the Element. The mats even go well with the gray interior.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For those who may not know, the front mat and the rear passenger area mat are both car-width, single units -- big RUBBERY gray kinda sticky floor
covers. The NYLON CARPETS for the font & back passenger areas also are also full-width single units. Quality for these Honda items is typical factory
high-end spec.

In my case, I have kept both the RUBBER MATS and the CARPETTED MATS
installed TOGETHER with, naturally, the Rubber ones on top. Yeah, sure, I know - I'm just dragging extra weight around with both but my RATIONALIZATION is that I've got the extra sound deadening and the extra insulation from heat and cold with both mats (it's also kinda nice & soft this way, but real guys like me would never admit that!). Others have mentioned front fit problems of either or both Rubber and Carpet mats, but in my case, even with both front mats in place they both tucked under the EX sub-woofer housing with just a fingertip nudge. At first I thought I
could always swap the nylon carpets to the top position is I wanted it to look snazzy, but so far have not.

FINALLY (Whew!, right?) - I'm KWAZY about the Rear Cargo Area RUBBER
factory mat (which of course matches the two passenger area rubber mats)-
In fact, when I use the factory table legs for the spare tire cover with the REAR RUBBER mat ON TOP of the PLASTIC spare tire cover, that combo winds up being stronger with a little more weight, is not slippery and is easy as all get out to clean in a hurry.

Cheers, tblask galagreenbullpup beepbeep

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the Honda floormats. They have worked just fine for me so far keeping dirt contained. I just pull them out and shake them off. I haven't noticed excessive dirt under the mat.

However, I agree about the mats not covering the entire driver's side floor and was kinda disappointed about that. I remedied the situation by purchasing a pair of generic, soft-rubber floor mats that are sold for the rear passenger floor of cars. I found mine at Autozone for about $5. I slipped one under the Honda mat and it fits perfectly. It catches the dirt that would get past the Honda mat and its blue color even matches my SSM's blue interior trim. You really only need one for the driver's side. The passenger side is well covered by the Honda mat.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like my Honda Carpeted floormats, no regrets. Dirt falls beside the mats, but hey, life is dirty. :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I love the Honda All Season Mats. First of all they were FREE, they only cost me my original key, the service department lost. Second of all, you can just shake out the sand or vacuum it right off. I don't know why anyone is complaining about them. They beat wearing down your original floor. That is my time... Thanks...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Honda carpet floor mats and have found that they are easy to remove and vacum or hose off (only takes an hour to dry here in Phoenix Az) . . .Mike in Az

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have them and have not had any problems either. I'd reccomend to anyone. Especially like the mounts to keep them from sliding.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What the hell are you people talking about!? There's no removable mats in my E! Just washable abusable plastic like flooring! Why would you want to confuse such simplicity?

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:5aa59a030f="tblask"]The NYLON CARPETS for the font & back passenger areas also are also full-width single units. Quality for these Honda items is typical factory high-end spec.
[/quote:5aa59a030f]

Minor quibble. I put in the carpet mats with the retaining hooks. I like the look, and I think it deadens the road noise somewhat, as softens the interior look a little. But, the plastic grommets in the carpet that go over the hooks are the cheapest things I can imagine. One popped apart after 5 minutes, and I'm all the time checking them to make sure they haven't come apart again. I'll be going after them with contact cement next.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i am glad i got the carpeted mats thrown in for free when I got my E. i think they look good and it makes for a "softer" interior.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was at Wal-mart and saw some 20"x20" square (approximately) deeply pocketed rubber mats that might be usable over top the carpeted mats. They cost $3.50 each. Might be good for someone who only needs to catch water or mud once in a great while.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I got mine free with the car as an incentive to buy. Had I not got them free I still would have bought them, eventually. I like them and haven't had a real problems with them. Most mats don't cover the resting area of the floor where your left foot rest. I have had some particles get under the mats on the drivers side but over all it's better than nothing. What I don't like is the fact the rear mat tends to ease it's self forward since there are no anchors like the front has. Now you would have thought if they were needed for the front they would have been needed for the back. Da! What can I expect for free?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts