Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I bought my element like, just last march and I've already got a couple chips on my windshield.
I'm just wondering if anyone's familiar with where this falls under the warranty.
thanks...

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Nope, that an insurance issue. Due to the fact we normally have to replace our windshields about every two years, I carry zero deductible on my comprehensive insurance (covers anything NOT your fault). It's only a couple $ extra per month and it sure beats having to shell out $250-400 for a new one!! :shock: :-( :razz:

Beyond that, if it's repairable - not spidering into the driver's view - than get it repaired versus a claim on the insurance. Cheaper in the long run...... ;-):)

Hope this helps and sorry for the new "damage", the first one's always the hardest.. :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, I bought my element like, just last march and I've already got a couple chips on my windshield.
I'm just wondering if anyone's familiar with where this falls under the warranty.
thanks...
No one will warrant you against road hazards like flying pebbles etc. But your insurance company should help.

Fixing chips should be no cost to you through your insurance company. Find out which glass company they contract with. Ours sent the fixit folks right to our driveway. An unfixed chip can become a traveling crack and then you will be spending money on a new windshield.:-(

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nope, that an insurance issue. Due to the fact we normally have to replace our windshields about every two years, I carry zero deductible on my comprehensive insurance (covers anything NOT your fault). It's only a couple $ extra per month and it sure beats having to shell out $250-400 for a new one!! :shock: :-( :razz:

Beyond that, if it's repairable - not spidering into the driver's view - than get it repaired versus a claim on the insurance. Cheaper in the long run...... ;-):)

Hope this helps and sorry for the new "damage", the first one's always the hardest.. :-(

Hi Alaskan,

Save the money on your premium, put the deductible back, and start using RainX every 3000 miles. Back in the day I went through 3 windshields in 2 months on my old VW. After the third time the windshield installer felt bad (lol..after 3 installs) and explained how RainX works. Never got another chip again. I've used it on my Element since birth, 05', and never had a chip there either (minus the small boulder that dumped on it when my wife was tailing a gravel truck, figures).

RainX is similar to using a clay bar on your paint, it fills in the pores of the glass (which every windshield has). Eliminating these pores which rock, bugs, etc adhere to when they strike the windshield really protects the integrity of the glass. You RainX more often and you'll have bugs splattering and wooshing off the windshield in one grand swoop while driving, plus the windows will never fog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts