Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I learned a few things.....

1st: I took my car to the "expensive" car wash two weeks ago and spent $30 and was not pleased with the results plus to top it off they damaged the paint (UGH! don't get me started)

So....today, while there was a break in the clouds here in St. Louis I headed to Wallmart, Target, the Auto Zone and finally to the car wash.....armed with all the knowledge of my fellow board mates I tested a bunch of products that had been recommeneded with OUTSTANDING results....my E looks like the day I picked it up from the dealer.

First of all I used the do it yourself car wash....with the soft soapy brush....note to self and anyone else under 6'.....bring the step stool from home to reach the roof! I also used the spotless rinse at the end of the wash and rinse (I think it helped)

I dried my E first by using the California Squeegee(awesome!!!) it got tons of the excess water off of the E.....then I moved on to the Absorber (everyone must own one of these) It got all the water spots and all the water from around the windows and cracks.

I then moved on to the inside and used Lexol again on the interior (the dash was still shiny from two weeks ago but after a road trip and hauling 7 people and a bunch of cargo) it needed a touch up....I don't mind the smell and the results speak for themselves.

I then used my handy cordless shark vac to pick up some small pebbles and leaves.....followed this up by using a pledge grab it dry to get hair and dust that the vac didn't get.....then followed that up with a swifter wet to get all the mud and dirt off the floor.....finished product an excellent like new E!

I drove home....and unlike when I came home from the expensive car wash....no water spots and wow....I should go take a picture of how pretty BabEE Blue looks !

Thanks for all the help with product recommendations!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome to the exciting world of car detailing!!! :D :shock:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think I should go into business....I am just too darn pleased with my work! I mean I used to take my old car to get washed ('93 Cavalier) but I would just vaccum it out and drive it through the car wash....then go on my happy way....never before have I cared so much about how the outside of my car looks......ugh! I am turning into my brother...and to think I used to make fun of him detailing his car!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a synthetic chamois....very cool...you just throw it in the washer when you are done. They are available everywhere. I bought mine at Wallmart and saw them at Target as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts