Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed, waxed with turtle wax, and wiped down the plastics with Armoral Cleaner and a rag. Just thought it looked clean, wanted to show.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Clean Ride

Your E looks good. I especially like the black wheels. I had mine powder coated and I didn't like that the lug nuts and center caps stood out so much. I had the lug nuts powder coated and I found a place on the web that designs center cap covers. I got some on black that say US because I'm going for a military look but you can obviously get them without any letters as well. I'll try and attach a picture of how mine turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks solid, I'm patiently waiting for my landlord to bring my hose back so I can give my E its first wash and wax! I was also going to armour-all the panels, how did that work out for you? looks like it worked pretty good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just washed and plastic treated the E today. I should have snapped a pic.

I use Mother's Back to Black for the plastic. The first few times you use it the plastic seems to absorb it but after a few treatments it just shines. Usually lasts a couple of months depending on where you drive. For us its mostly city so it lasts well enough.

·
Registered
72 Posts
and one more thing alexpopinski what kind of vent visors are those? Do you have any more pics that show them?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I havent noticed a large amount of fading. Ive used it on and off again for a few years. The last time I bought a bottle was about 2yrs ago, it was about $8 for a small bottle but it seems to go a long way. That one bottle has done my E twice now and still had a little left over for my EG.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I snapped a quick cell phone pic...

If you look hard enough at the bottom by the door and the runners, the bottle started running out and I didnt have time before work to buy another.

This is the stuff...

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Newly cleaned panels look nice no matter what you apply to them, (paste wax excepted). The question should be "How much repeated applications and extra effort will be needed to keep them looking nice".

I haven't had good experience with Armorall's appearance longevity on plastic or rubber. If you don't mind it darkening the finish and building up over time, B2B holds up longer.

I've had great luck with Aerospace Formula 303. I use it twice a year on all the exterior unpainted surfaces, including the lamps and deflectors. It doesn't fade or streak when exposed to sun and rain, and it seems to help keep the rocker panels and fenders clean. I rarely have to use a solvent stronger than car soap to remove off road tar and bug splats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts