Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this while using the AC on full blast and hoping it's just the condenser. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Noticed this while using the AC on full blast and hoping it's just the condenser. Anyone else experience this?
Yeah, water leaks on the bottom of my element too when im using the ac and my brother is an auto tech and said that it's normal so your probably ok.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nothing to worry about, perfectly normal. Start to worry if the liquid has color to it like green or blue...that would be coolant and you would want to find out where it was coming from.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Worry when the water doesn't come out. :)
Mine is NOT coming out - I'm also getting a mildewy smell after running AC - I'm obviously not draining humidity properly. Can anyone point me in the direction of finding and clearing my drain?

·
12,180 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
For the first year or so, my 04 NEVER leaked condensation. Then immediately after a service, I started getting puddles to the point where people were telling me that I must have a fluid leak of some sort. I checked, it's all from the condensation hose. I have had 2 dealers check, same answer. I went back to the original service dealer and asked him if there was any other possible reason it would have more condensation. He swears it always leaks that much, but I NEVER run the AC more than the lowest fan setting. Even at EOC meets, people notice my puddle. I know it's not other fluids, or I would have had a serious issue by now, but the giant puddle still bothers me.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No big deal, it doesn't have to do with what fan speed you use, just moisture content of the air. On REALLY humid days, I can have a gallon of water under the car in less than a half hour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
No big deal, it doesn't have to do with what fan speed you use, just moisture content of the air. On REALLY humid days, I can have a gallon of water under the car in less than a half hour.
Parked the car, went inside for 5 minutes:

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
All that water on the ground is good—it's water removed from the air in your car.
Does anyone know exactly what those are? I am on my second E, and the first time I never noticed this, but in the new one, I have seen it a few times. Is it when you turn on defrost?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what those are? I am on my second E, and the first time I never noticed this, but in the new one, I have seen it a few times. Is it when you turn on defrost?
Didn't you read above? AC, condensation, humidity, etc.

My complaint is just that I swear I have MORE than everybody else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
still dripping water even in fall temps

My 2003 is dripping lots of water, too. No color to it and no smell, so it sure points definitively to water. I am not running the a/c. We have fall temps now, mornings in low 50's, and I'm using the vent on a low heat setting.

Also, I don't know if it's related, but my temperature gauge stays all the way at C for at least 20 minutes, even during stop and go city driving, before it starts to move to the half-way point.

Anyone have any clues?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah check your coolant level #1.
Then get your system psi tested and the thermostat function checked#2.

With that low of a temp you are more then likely getting dew or condensation forming and its running off. If you run your defroster in the morning you will also get condensation from the A/C and you may be getting dew draining from the moonroof.

Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts