Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the water spots off of my windows?? Has anyone ever claybarred their windows??

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If they are particularly stubborn, wipe them down with vinegar to eat the deposits away.

If it's a matter of general spots after a wash, make sure you're not taking it into direct sun during/after washing. You can use some of the new super absorbent chamois or similar cloths to get better drying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay bar on glass??

Has anyone used a clay bar on the outside of windows to get out etched in water spots??

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
have a good friend that is a detailer that uses REALLY FINE steel wool, and something else but i dont remember what. if i talk to him in the next couple days i will ask him what the spray is.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Has anyone used a clay bar on the outside of windows to get out etched in water spots??
I have used Clay Bar on my windows but can't say whether it took off any water spots. I am fortunate that I do not have that problem.

It does make the glass pretty smooth though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give that glass stripper a try, thanks. I wonder if they carry it at Wal Mart?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
How do I get the water spots off of my windows?? Has anyone ever claybarred their windows??
I have clay barred the rear view mirrors. It took a bit, but it worked.
I am guessing since they are glass, it would work the same for the
windows.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always used Barkeepers Friend which is a non abrasive cleasner type product. It gets all the dirt / gunk off without scratching. Seems to be sold all over, just google the name.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I used a spent chunk of clay bar to remove overspray from windows on my truck (dealer parked the truck beneath the vent from their bodyshop-jackasses). Worked great.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I bought this stuff at Wal Mart out in Hawaii that came in a white bottle and it works wonders. I'll get pics tomorrow for you. Stuff smells like toothpaste and icy hot mixed.

Got those really stubborn spots off my civic's windows after it sat out in the sun/rain/salty air for a year. I swear by the stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is really wierd. I posted a similar thread in wipe on wipe off forum but this isn't my thread. I appreciate all the info though.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had that problem on a car I owned and an auto detailer told me to use very fine steel wool and a paste glass polish. It worked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Water spots on glass

Had my wife's Pilot detailed recently, they used a professional water spot remover and rubbed lightly with AAAA steel wool. The remover was tan in color and consistancy of buttermilk. The remover came from a gallon can and was labeled "Water Spot Remover for Glass" not able to see the brand. Worked great, glass in clean and spot free.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts