Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was juss curious what the big deal was with wax on the plastic panel. When i waxed my car the other day i was very careful not to get wax on the plastic panel and i was pretty successful except for few spots which i carefully wiped away immediately with a cloth. The plastic panel seems ok to me with no dimishes...... Is it gonna change colors on me later? should i be worried?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the only way that your wax will damage the panels is if you let it stay on them for a while. I am a detailer for a honda dealer and have seen the results of that problem on a brand new CRV. The panels had to be replaced because someone accidentily waxed the panels and didn't remove it. I'd reccomend leaving the panels alone because you don't have to worry about them rusting!

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the best thing to remove little spots of wax that have been on the plastic for a bit of time?

·
Registered
302 Posts
the strongest orange oil cleaner you can find. The best and strongest is the industrial grade from 3M. 8)

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:e61d266be5="chris1991"]the only way that your wax will damage the panels is if you let it stay on them for a while. I am a detailer for a honda dealer and have seen the results of that problem on a brand new CRV. The panels had to be replaced because someone accidentily waxed the panels and didn't remove it. I'd reccomend leaving the panels alone because you don't have to worry about them rusting![/quote:e61d266be5]

I think its an accidental thing on the edges of the plastic. So you being a detailer and all, how would you get it off?

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:316ae76437="ropedart.1"]the strongest orange oil cleaner you can find. The best and strongest is the industrial grade from 3M. 8)[/quote:316ae76437]

What about that Orange Clean on the TV ads? Or Kaboom or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts