Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to get that wax residue off the '03 fenders ? Have tried back to black fade polish, no luck. Thanks

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Peanut butter, seriously. There is a thread somewhere on here. I remember laughing and then I had to try it. It gets the wax off and makes your fenders nice and luxy. Plus all the neighborhood dogs will love your E.:D

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Peanut butter, peanut oil, or some Dawn dishwashing liquid soap in warm water. Peanut butter and oil will make it sticky though, and it will pick up a lot of road dust/dirt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
try Meguiar's number 40. its unreal on plastic. its a cleaner and will give your panels the showroom look and it lasts quite well.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,829 Posts
The peanut butter trick works for separating wax from the plastic, any good car wash concentrated detergent should remove the oil residue.

If you treat your cleaned plastic panels with 303 BEFORE you wax your vehicle the next time, accidental wax won't stick to the plastic for long, the next wash should completely erradicate it.

Any product like Back to Black or a plastic polish that leaves a glossy coat is wax or oil based.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
clean it off with peanut butter, then give the E a nice wash

usually, i tape around the plastic before i got ahead and detail my E, wax it, then spray some armor all protectant on the plastic, and it shines real good, and won't attract as much dirt as tire shine, or peanut butter

·
Registered
3 Posts
A guy around the corner from details cars. I asked him about that and he showed me a special brush, looked like a tooth brush but was made of horse hair. He said good like finding one, but I haven't really searched.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts