Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've read quite a bit here about not waxing the composite panels on an Element. However, I'm wondering if anyone has been to an automated carwash (not the do-it-yourself type) and selected a package that includes wax. We generally go to a place here in town about once a month and they do an excellent job, but we almost always get the package with wax.

Any advice?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would not use the wax. The plastic panels are not meant to get any wax of other chemicals on them.

Of course hand washing at home is best, but if you have to, go to the touchless without wax. IMO

·
Registered
222 Posts
The wax used in auto car washes is pretty weak, I doubt you'd have a problem. The biggest downside of getting the wax treatment at an auto wash (touchless or not) is that its useless and costs more. The second biggest downside is that it leaves a unpolished residue on your vehicle that will make it appear dull.

Your best bet is to hand wash at home, then polish the paint and use an acrylic wax (lasts longer) then use the touchless without wax to keep it shining between the manual efforts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beware of the touchless car waxes. yes, you are doing your car some good, and your paint looks clean, but if you are like me and like to take the time to wax your car, these car washes are bad.

Most of the soaps they use strip your wax off of your car. And the liquid wax they use is far from actually waxing your car.

just my 2 yen.

V/R,

-Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts