Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Sept 11, the paper in my town of Brantford called The Expositor ran an article about the Element in its automotive section. It mentions how it was designed using input from university and college students. It mentions how Element enthusiasts are a lot like the Mac users, as in we totaly love our machine. It also says that we, the enthusiasts, grouped into online communities, and this site in particular was mentioned. It has and interview from someone who works at the site (possibly TMac). It then finishes with the Elements specificatons.
I really enjoyed the article because it showed that we're a community, and it's publicity for the site. And it says that you can buy shirts and stickers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is funny you mentioned the Mac thing. I was driving along last weekend in central NY and passed by an Element. The guy flash his lights in salutation and my future brother-in-law said the exact same thing. He compared us to die-hard Mac users. :)

BTW, I also saw a black Element with a wood trim exterior treatment. It remind me of those old stationwagons. I really should have taken a picture for you folks to enjoy. So if you are reading this Sarasota, FL Element owner post a pic.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It was probably a reprint from a new agency. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here we go. The original article was written by Derek McNaughton of CanWest News Service/Ottawa.

Here's a quote from the article about the Element community and the comparison to Mac users by one of the writers on this site.

"It's exactly that point that makes the Element users more interesting to me than the Element itself. They are not unlike the Mac user community - another group that seems to be misunderstood yet religiously zealous regarding, not necessarily Apple as a company or its products, but rather the idea that things can be done differently or in a better way. They are the ones that have peeked around the corner to see the Wizard for what he really is. They are the ones with the knowing grins. They shake their heads at the politicians, religious leaders and corporations that have never had our best interests in mind. They span many demographics, backgrounds and ideals, but they are thinkers all."

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
We are a lot like Mac enthusiasts. People treat our Elements like Macs also, people look at them lost like what are those people thinking but they are also so intrigued by them. People often look at my element much like my girlfriend looks in front of a Mac TOTALLY LOST!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They never gave the name of the person that they interviewed.
T Mac, if I send you a copy it'll probably be in bits and pieces. I don't have any of that stitching software.

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Thanks to Mark for sending me the scanned image of the article. They did list our site in the article (COOL!) and the quote from a writer is just a quote from William F. House's column we have on the home page.

It's nice to be mentioned guys...thanks for being part of this club!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems like if they quoted and mentioned your site, they should be happy to let you post copy of their press.

Good PR for both. :)

Frederick

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote:ead6c70587="BriBoy01"]We are a lot like Mac enthusiasts. People treat our Elements like Macs also, people look at them lost like what are those people thinking but they are also so intrigued by them. People often look at my element much like my girlfriend looks in front of a Mac TOTALLY LOST![/quote:ead6c70587]

I AM a Mac E-nthusiast and Mac owner since '84. When it's obvious it's such a good ides, just do it! (sorry... I wear Mizunos).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts