Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Hankook Ice Bears tires (with 34k miles and still good tread) rotated and the tech suggested an alignment because of additional wear on the tires. I had been noticing a slight pull but attributed it to maybe a low pressure tire. The alignment printout showed the right rear off (Honda spec of -1.8 to -0.3). The tech was only able to get the camber to -1.9 on the right rear. The left rear is at -1.6. So we are talking about a .1 out of spec here on the right rear tire probably only correctable with a camber kit. Our Element has stock suspension, 41k miles and we have pulled a 800 gross weight teardrop camper less than 1000 miles. Should I spend the money on a camber kit and if so which one for a stock suspension? For what it's worth, I am really lilking these Hankook Ice Bear tires.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i personally wouldnt worry about it. when you sit in the e the left side will change and be somewhat close to the right side.despite what you here about negative camber its the toe that will wear tires faster. ask any auto -xer. if your toe isset to zero all round your fine. i wouldnt do the kit for such little difference. i run -2 in the rear on a lowered e.im actually going to -2.5 soon.make sure your tires pressures are set correctly. i tend to run atleast anothe 2 psi over recommended. before i lowered my e the stock tires in the front and rear wore horribly. i believe the e is just hard on tires.sorry for the long tip but i think youll be fine.:D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
if you are worried about it go here and get some. they are easy to put in and then you will have it be adjustable for alignment purpouses

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Inga...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

personally im with boxed up, .1 is nothing. i wasted money on mine thiking that when i lowered it with eibachs i was gonna need them and i got the fronts as well. didnt even need to put the front ones in and the rears were already in and the length was adjusted to that of the stock ones so that i had a baseline to work with when the alignment was done. they didnt even touch them, so totally wasted 160 bucks on the whole kit. FAIL :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
i had mine dumped in the front with basics and all i could get was -1.7.i wanted more but i think the front cam adjusters are a waste.the front turned in so nice.maybe ill do thet again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts