Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed Weapon *R's Secret Weapon intake today.
It went pretty smoothly until I had to put the sensor in which the hole was to big for. To my surprise it added quite a growl as well!

At higher RPMs I can feel some more power. At lower RPMs it feels the same.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and it comes with a free Weapon *R Ram Air kit While the promotion is in effect. I will be putting that on later this week.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I read the flow info they had on thier site.I have many many many hours on a supperflow flow bench. yes you can make one your self out of a shop vac like they did.but what I read did not seem to make sense to me. more like they were restricting the flow from thier readings & what they said. a higher vac is usualy a lower flow,I know it dosent sound like it but thats sort of the way it works,you realy need to know the whole prosess.with all the settings the same a good flowing head will have a lower reading than a restricktive head& will need to be checked at a defrent flow rate. just because it making more noise dosent mean it's faster.Might just be the way I am reading it or the way they are wrighting it. sounds good to someone who hasent spent 20+ years on a flow bench doing cyl heads,carbs, stacks,etc. but dont to someone who has. put it on a dyno for back to back runs.no not a but dyno. or a drag strip with a car& driver that is consistant. I am not trying to say it's wrong or wright I don't know either way. sort of like if you hold up a quater 1 foot from your face then hold up another Quarter 2 feet from your face ,witch one is bigger???? think about it.............................. there both the same size!!! reguardless of what you think you see.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Oh and it comes with a free Weapon *R Ram Air kit While the promotion is in effect. I will be putting that on later this week.
They never sent me the ram air deal, but it doesn't do anything anwyay, the air comes from wherever anyway. The secret weapon pipe has a lot of restrictions in it, because of that stupid "double tube" design. There's nothing to it, and it's the same amount of air, in the same flow direction, they just blocked some of it off by adding more tubing inside the thing. Their dragon intake is way better, and way cheaper. I've owned both, and that's my opinion. Get rid of their filters though. I got a really huge K&N, more filter, less resistance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
just because it making more noise dosent mean it's faster. Might just be the way I am reading it or the way they are wrighting it.
Either way its written I am not basing power from noise I was basing power on the way it felt driving and how it pulled me back accelerating. The engine felt a little more peppy (not more powerful just more responsive many just a hair more powerful) and sucked me back a little more then it ever has at Higher RPMs.

Here is a user who backs up the more power at higher RPMs.
(Just backs up my claim to more power on the high end. Its for my self asteem has nothing to do with any replies :p)

:D

·
Registered
874 Posts
ok then I stand corected it has been but tested!!! do you know how to supercharge your E?? Its easy & alot cheeper than you think,no not one of those hairdryer thingys or a billage blower off your cousions boat. If you knew how a flowbench actuly works and all the calculations you need to do to get the figures that you need to find out if you have improved the flow or not& dont forget the weather& temp defrence that changes pretty much all the time Witch you need to account for,and knowing the flow carectorastic's of an E head and the compleate camshaft profile you can easly plot a graph for your own supercharger!!!!!!it's not hard at all! realy!no but dyno required,just hard non changing facts oops vtech changes the valve action but you can still figure that into it. and you can make it work at the rpm you want it to!!!!why do you think racecars make more power?how do they put the power where they want it. things to ponder.and yes homade superchargers work.especialy with fuel injection makes it easyer to do.:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
ok then I stand corected it has been but tested!!! do you know how to supercharge your E?? Its easy & alot cheeper than you think,no not one of those hairdryer thingys or a billage blower off your cousions boat. If you knew how a flowbench actuly works and all the calculations you need to do to get the figures that you need to find out if you have improved the flow or not& dont forget the weather& temp defrence that changes pretty much all the time Witch you need to account for,and knowing the flow carectorastic's of an E head and the compleate camshaft profile you can easly plot a graph for your own supercharger!!!!!!it's not hard at all! realy!no but dyno required,just hard non changing facts oops vtech changes the valve action but you can still figure that into it. and you can make it work at the rpm you want it to!!!!why do you think racecars make more power?how do they put the power where they want it. things to ponder.and yes homade superchargers work.especialy with fuel injection makes it easyer to do.:D
marksburg,

You may be a whiz on the flow bench but your spelling leaves a lot to be desired. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok then I stand corected it has been but tested!!!
I wasnt trying to correct anybody just let you know what I felt and explain why I thought what I did. Trying to ruling out nooby factors that I am sure you guys get on here all the time (like the sound = power thing). The main thing I was trying to do was get the restrictive stock intake out and replace it with something I thought would be good intake. If something is better then something else let me know and I will consider it for the next time around.

And
I am down for learning...you know why....

CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F.Y.I. I went to install the ram air kit last week and I couldn't run it without major turns or being in the way of moving parts. So I decided to store the parts and see if I could either come up with something once I am not so busy or if it could be used for something else in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts