Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
outpost4 said:
I think I'll be leaving my long sleeve EOC shirt at home and bring my drinking glove instead.
Outpost--I have a drinking glove that I got at last year's Oktoberfest in LaCrosse! What a great event...I'll try and remember to throw it in too! I already have this year's marked on my calendar!
 

·
Moderatorium
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
brotherc20 said:
The long range weather forecast for the meet is for it to be very hot with high in the 90s...
Uh... uh... uh... it's St. Louis in mid-July. You were maybe expecting something else? Don't forget about the humidity, too. Bring extra shirts.

(My solution living there for 15 years? Showers. Two and three times a day. :shock: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Cold ones!!!

It has been very nice the last week...Not much humidity at all...:cool:
However, I will be ready for some cold ones [Guinness(Beers)]....:-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,881 Posts
Come to San Francisco-- 65 degrees and foggy for the next three months!! :D

Seriously- 2007 meet in SF! Imagine a massive E caravan across the country on I-80 :shock::-D
 

·
Moderatorium
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
One of the STL stations tonight was just talking about near 100° for Friday, with "sultry" humidity levels. That's miserable even by local standards. The Weather Service is claiming lower 90's.

Real truth about the local forecasting is that it won't be until Wednesday before we'll have any idea, +/-5°. Area weather is influenced by three different continental air masses, so if any one of 'em doesn't move quite as predicted, we can have some big changes on relatively short notice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
XMers

XMers....Check Ch 218..for the latest.. The Traffic and Weather is correct most of the time.....:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,274 Posts
I've been trying to prepare my kiwi girlfriend for what St. Louis is going to be like, and don't know if I've succeeded yet...it's been in the 90's here (she came from their winter). But -- it's been low humidity here, compared to St. Louis. I can't really believe the forecasts I've been reading. It's going to be at least 5 degrees hotter in Minneapolis/St. Paul this weekend, but 10 times more uncomfortable in St. Louis because of the humidity!!! Yikes. (You'll find us in the pool.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
hownowcb said:
I've been trying to prepare my kiwi girlfriend for what St. Louis is going to be like, and don't know if I've succeeded yet...it's been in the 90's here (she came from their winter). But -- it's been low humidity here, compared to St. Louis. I can't really believe the forecasts I've been reading. It's going to be at least 5 degrees hotter in Minneapolis/St. Paul this weekend, but 10 times more uncomfortable in St. Louis because of the humidity!!! Yikes. (You'll find us in the pool.)
There is no way to prep someone for that weather.Mrs. IRV grew up in northern Maine. If the temps get above 80+ the conversation goes like this. "Some kinda hot out thar today". "Yep, a real schoacher". Today it was overcast, a little rain, kinda humid, 78 degrees. Yep, she's running the a/c.:)
Think we'll see you in the pool.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
IRV said:
There is no way to prep someone for that weather.Mrs. IRV grew up in northern Maine. If the temps get above 80+ the conversation goes like this. "Some kinda hot out thar today". "Yep, a real schoacher". Today it was overcast, a little rain, kinda humid, 78 degrees. Yep, she's running the a/c.:)
Think we'll see you in the pool.:)
IRV,Does the POOL have a bar? :confused: Man it is Hot, Hot, Hot here in Nebraska....Going to be like 100 deg this weekend and humid, humid, humid in Omaha and Gretna.

Pools here might have to close if it gets to hot because,the water might start to boil...rolleyes:

Stay cool everyone and see ya in the Lou :cool: , Bob
 

·
Moderatorium
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
OK... back to the weather forecast...

TV forecasters are all saying upper 90's Friday, lower 90's on the weekend. The real story, however, is the predicted LOW of 77° Saturday morning - it's going to be really, really, really soupy for that ballgame Friday night. Be glad Tom went through the time and trouble to get that party box... I would NOT want to be outside!

NWS is still saying 92 for Friday. Unlikely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
It's a shame the weather won't be like last weekend here. There was actually no humidity and mid-80s. I kept thinking, is there any way this can last.....I don't think so!

See you all on Thursday or Friday...Safe Travels!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
cool

juliE said:
It's a shame the weather won't be like last weekend here. There was actually no humidity and mid-80s. I kept thinking, is there any way this can last.....I don't think so!
See you all on Thursday or Friday...Safe Travels!
You know what they say about the weather in STL... If you don't like the weather now wait a few hours...:twisted:
 

·
Moderatorium
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
OK... last weather forecast since anybody who isn't already in the area is about ready to leave:

Highs of 92-94° Friday and Saturday, increasing to upper-90's on Sunday. Lows in the mid- to upper-70's. Small risk of "pop-up" thundershowers Thursday evening, but should be dry the rest of the weekend (sorry, Colin!). Most important: heat index 100° to 105°, Friday through Sunday. Like mentioned before, that's pretty soupy.

EDIT: NWS just revised their forecast to include a 30% chance of thunderstorms during the day Friday.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top