Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We decided to take the dogs, load up the E and get out for some R&R on the Ocoee. If you haven't been there it's a great place. Lots to offer, miles of hiking and biking trails, dependent on the season kayaking on the upper and mid sections of the river, swimming holes for you, the kids, or dogs.

We stayed literally 20 feet from the river at Thunder Rock Camp Ground. We were one of four people that set up Friday morning, but when we woke up at 2:00 a.m. freezing our butts off, some other Kayakers and Mtn Bikers showed up and pitched tents. It turned out colder than we expected and didn't pack accordingly, which lead to some sleep time in the E versus the ground. Ground sucks the heat right out of your body.

Water was the clearest I have ever seen it and was cold, but doable on Friday. Sat it was overcast which made it too cold for human taste. Temp dropped over Sat night and into Sunday. Even with the Sun shining, the wind and shade made it a bit nippy.

Good to get away from work. If you haven't gone, the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains are a must do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Beautiful...especially loving the pics of the pups.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The are only happy when we travel, go hiking, or go swimming. Right now at this specific moment, they are depressed dogs. Mom and Dad have to work.

Shelby is the elder and Bailey is the smaller one.

I have been dragging my feet on getting overnight personal gear, ie two insulated mattresses and two quality bags. All this was is the proper motiviation to get off my duff and make it happen.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Inspiring pics!

Shelby and Bailey are probably still having fond dreams of the weekend.

For gearing up, keep an eye on good values and sales at:

www.llbean.com

www.cabelas.com

www.rei.com

www.campmor.com

Free shipping nowadays on orders over $75 at REI.

Cabela's periodically has shipping deals. I get free shipping at Bean with my Bean Visa.

:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great photos! Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Next time you're up this way, let us know - we'd love to touch base with fellow EOC dog lovers!

We're just south of Copperhill, TN, just a few miles from Olympic Whitewater Center.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts