Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weekends...

Although getting warmer and more humid, the weather continues to be great in between these big ole storms here in SE Texas. The front yard sat idle all year so far and it was time to get rid of a 30 year old bush the wife always hated...which led to we need to get some mulch for where it was...which led to we need to pick up a couple of plants while at the nursery...which led to a lady blessing us with a big unused coupon while there...which led to an impromptu purchase of a couple hundred dollars worth of plants...which led to expanding front landscaping by about double...which led to me pulling about 30 cubic yards of turf, adding 15 bags of mulch, and us planting about a kazillion new bedding plants...fun, but oh my back...and various muscles of unknown origin letting me know of their existence every time I get up from a chair.

Here's some of the pics in process, albeit crumby phone shots...Hope everyone else was able to enjoy the great ourdoors this weekend!

Pic 1 - The Element had to go back in cargo mode to pick up about 300 pounds of mulch...15 bags all in place as of Sunday afternoon thank you very much.
Pic 2 - Free Labor Force in plant unloading
Pic 3 - The first trip home form the nursery...filled some nooks and crannies of the Element while in commuter mode
Pic 4 - See description of #3

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I did the same thing this weekend Bowzer. I had to cut down 2 trees (killed by Ike) these were the last to finally go. Replanted 3 palms in their place, now a total of 7 palms in the yard. I carted all those palms, soil and various plants in the E.
Wheres the pics of the finished landscaping?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I need to take some finished pics...was too pooped to get the camera when done...didn't smell too good since I was covered in mulch either.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Bowzer, it looks very good! :) I am not doing any garden work here, since we live in an apt. I might post some pictures of my mom's garden, that actually is a bit too busy (too many plants).

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Bowzer, it looks very good! :) I am not doing any garden work here, since we live in an apt. I might post some pictures of my mom's garden, that actually is a bit too busy (too many plants).
No such thing!
I love plants and before Ike I had a beautiful lush plant filled yard with a fishpond and bridge and decks. I really loved it.
But working in the yard and getting my hands dirty is good therapy.:)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
that was a whole bunch of plants there ...............will be interested in seeing them in the ground

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ha ha! Sucker.

I've been doing my dirt therapy at the community garden on campus.:) I ain't touching the house until It's all planned out.

Lookin good 'Zer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts