Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing a thumping sound coming from the back right side of my newer 03 when I go over bumps. Any ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am not sure what a newer 2003 means, at any rate by age it could struts, stabliizer links, or bushings. Fill in your profile and the approximate miles would help.

Chris

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you have a jack, remove the rear right tire and locate nuts and bolts holding the knuckle and control arm. Try using a half inch ratchet to tighten bolts. If you are able to turn the bolts at all using a ratchet then chances are they are just lose from a previous repair done wrong. You should be safe using brute force to re-tighten the lose nut or bolt if you're not a body builder. A torque wrench would be preferred but remember to go 10lbs over on torque spec to allot for rust and the toll weather has had on suspension parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hearing a thumping sound coming from the back right side of my newer 03 when I go over bumps. Any ideas?
EXACT same thing happened to me and my 2006! Shocks went bad + the sabilizer, AND.... the nosie is still there. I traded it in yesterday and am sporting a 2009 Ford Ranger now.. I had just about enough of the E truck .. that I loved dearly ... but it never loved me or my pocket ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts