Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with a annoying vibration that I get with every bump I hit. When I hit a bump, I get a vibration that starts strong and smooths out over a 2 to 4 sec time period, the entire E vibrates. I have not touched the suspension yet, this started 6 months after new brakes, so I know they are not causing it. Any Ideas to take to the dealer?
Thanks!!!
Steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you have a decent video recording option on your cell phone could you take a video fo this occurring. Without being there we would all be guessing but sometimes a visual aid can cause a flashback of a previous shop experience.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can try, I can mount my flip on my dash so you can see it shake, might work.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill try that and see what happens, if it does clear it, what is it?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you have aftermarket rims? If so you can have a castering issue that when you hit a bump it will cause the front wheel to start shaking like a shopping cart. Whatever wheels you have it might be as easy to fix as getting a alignment. Ford trucks had this problem a lot as their tie rods were soft rubber socket-ed and they would fail in less them 20.000 miles.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jerking the steering right did not help.
I am running 16" element wheels.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If its still under warranty have it checked out and if not have the wheel balance checked and the alignment. During the alignment they will find if something is loose or worn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts