Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I live in Hiram/Powder Springs.
I have the ebp colored e. Its dropped 2" on stock atm (resently sold the 20" wire spinners i had on it.) Should be gettin some axis 19's either 40 or 45 series to improve ride quality. 35 series tires are toooooooo rough.

anyway what sup GaE'rs ;)

· Registered
117 Posts
I joined the ranks of Georgia E owners on Sunday. I purchased a FBP 2WD EX and love it. I live in Canton and work in Alpharetta. Until 3 weeks ago, I thought the E was one of the ugliest cars out there, but then I saw it at the Auto Show, started reading about it on the boards, and my mind was changed. My 14 year old son wasn't too excited about it at first, but after he rode in it, he loved the room in the back.

I'm looking forward to talking with other E owners in Georgia.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
04 SSM in Lilburn here... the little lost land between Stone Mountain, Norcross, and Lawrenceville. I've seen a lot of Elements around, have decided to wave if the other drivers look - but so far I haven't seen one even seem to care there was another E on the road next to them.

Is it just me, or does it seem like drivers in the area have exponentially gotten worse in the past few weeks? I mean, they get worse all the time, but I mean REALLY much worse in the past month or so.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
No offense taken, ImpulseE, if I could find a job even remotely as good as the one I have almost anywhere else, I'd be gone before you could swat one of those GA mosquitos that laughs at "deep woods off".

· Registered
936 Posts
I'm the same way, really. I like having a lot to do in Atlanta, but I just dont mesh well with the people here. I have met some great people here, but overall its just very materialistic and clique-ish. It's like everyone got together in 1995 and decided who could hang out with who. Very strange. The weather is fantastic and the people I get a long with are great - they are just far and few between. If it wasn't for my job, I'd most likely be out of here.

No offense to the other GA people on this board though. I love a lot about this place, but I live in the big city aspect of it, so I obviosuly have to deal with quite a few a$$holes on a daily basis. Northern Georgia is incredible, but there are just no tech jobs there.

· Registered
118 Posts
Sier, check USAjobs.com for govt jobs with the civil service. They are hiring engineers right now; especially Computer/Electrical/Mechanical. I know for a fact they are still hiring Engineers at Robins AFB in middle GA. Thats why I am up here right now. Im a civil service Electronics Engineer (read: software engineer). The pay is very competitive right now. Engineer positions are generally GS-12 and they pay around $60k per year +10% retention bonus after 1 year. Once you add on benefits & perks, not to mention the government work environment you really cant lose. They are getting ready to approve 3 hours of paid workout time for civilians per week aswell.

The only bad thing about the government is there are alot of lazy people. You can literally do nothing all day if you wish and not get fired. One of the things I really like about the job though, is that software I write is directly used by the men and women in blue every day in the war on terror, so its a cool feeling knowing Im doing my part even if its a small contribution.

Im looking for a transfer to an FL base at the moment, but I dont mind the GA area. State income tax is rediculous though. =)

· Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm a programmer and that salary would be a HUGE cut for me. In the Atlanta area a seasoned programmer can get lot more than that. Moreover, I'm really overpaid at the moment, so I can't give that up.

· Registered
34 Posts
Hello, Love this site for some useful information on one Awesome vehicle I purchased at Ed Voyles Honda last Thursday! Love my Element so far; I'm so relieved to have rid myself of the M-B ML 320 it replaces; I chose a 5-speed manual, my daughter selected the color(SOP), and the Element selects the road! I haven't seen any other E's while in my own 'Element', but I hope I get the chance to wave real soon!

· Registered
19 Posts
I've got an '03 Element EX. I live in Lawrenceville and work in Dekalb/Decatur.

If you see a Black Element with a Batman plate on the front and a yellow XM sticker on the rear, wave, it's me...

I've been driving a '96 neon and wife has been enjoying the Element. After almost 9 years of hardly any problems, the neon finally died and we replaced it with a nighthawk black '05 Accord Coupe EXL 6cyl. Finally, I get to drive the Element fulltime (the neon was a stick and my wife can't/woudn't drive it).

AndyCElement
http://www.andyc.com

· Registered
145 Posts
Hello to all. I just recentlly became an element owner. i came from the tuner scene, so bear with me if i go the painted panels, wheels, and lowering route. I got an '05 ex awd NBP from hennessey. No mods as of yet but there are a few DIY's in the works, Just wanted to introduce my self see ya around

· Registered
76 Posts
I now see soo many Elements around ATL. Mainly around my work in Buckhead, where Id figure Id see the least. TIve had a couple people wave, but most people act as if their Element is the only one on the road and dont even look over at me. I look at every Element that I see. Oh well, if you see a SOP Element excessively lowered, thats me. Yes I have air ride suspension and it goes a lot lower when parked, or if Im bored going down the road.

· Registered
28 Posts
I saw 6 Elements today while driving a 40 mile errand run. All were in Ansley Park, Piedmont Monroe, Morningside, and Poncey-Highlands. 4 were grey. I don't know my colors yet. Could have been the same one.

Didn't see any in Decatur or Brookhaven.

I guess intown is Element Heaven.

I waved at every one. Nobody waved back.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17057

21 - 40 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.