Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to this thread. My name is Mark. I am the founder of G-bags. I hope you enjoy learning more about our product and their application.

I am most proud to offer a product to people that was designed in the USA and manufactured in the USA as well. We hope you see the value in our products and the uniqueness they offer!

Please take a moment to read the below information to learn more about us. I will be updating this thread as new products come available and will be providing you a link to our website as it is finalized.

Thank you for your interest,

Mark

What are G-bags?

G-bags are multiple installation point bags. G-bags are available in a variety of sizes. Our bags will work in a variety of installation points in your car, truck van or pickup truck’s interior and exterior. They are also used in campers, Pop-ups, boats, canoes and kayaks’.

How do G-bags work?

A Velcro strip is placed where you want your bag. There are typically several installation points available for your G-bags; you just need to decide the best place for your circumstances.

The bags easily attach to the installation points with the Velcro strips because there is a strip of Velcro on the back of the bags. By attaching the bag to the mounting point via Velcro, the bag stays in place while the car is in motion, but easily comes off when necessary.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are G-bags manufactured? G-bags are manufactured right here in the United States by documented workers earning fair wages and receiving nice benefits.

What is in the shipping bag? High quality hand sewn Cordura material bags with zippers. All attachment materials and an instruction sheet.

Are G-bags guaranteed? Yes, G-bags are guaranteed for quality workmanship for 1 year after your purchase.

Do you have any other colors than black? We are currently working on several additional colors. If you purchase a set of black bags and we make a color you would like in the future, we will offer you a 10% discount off that future purchase.

Why we are here

Having become frustrated with limited storage in today’s vehicles we set off on a mission in 2005 to work out solutions. Having spent countless hours designing, creating, recreating and producing proto types our first G-bag was produced in 2007 for the Honda Element. The bag quickly became popular and we branched out to other applications rather than just vehicles.

About Us

Our corporate Headquarters is located in Lancaster County PA. All of our products are made in the United States from materials made in the United States. Our assembly plants are contracted and employees earn fair wages and are all legal workers.

Our Mission

Our Mission is to be the exclusive provider of interior storage solutions for people who lead active but want organized lifestyles. We want our customers to love our products. We offer our customers a unique product that not only serves their storage needs; we offer an attractive and hip alternative to plastic grocery bags.

Return Policy

G-bags are happy to accept returns for unused or defective products. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of the product you receive, you are entitled to a full replacement or refund.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just got my Bags in the mail (bought through ebay) and I must say, the quality of the construction is really top notch. A solid zipper and thick material, not that cheapo stuff, are what the bags are made of. Haven't mounted them yet, will get to that in a day or so. Just wanted to let everyone know my initial impression of the bags is that they are first rate.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate your positive comment on the

G-bags. The material is of the highest quality, and the construction by my manufacture can not be beat. I am trying to build a brand for the future, not just a quick buck, I am glad you appreciate all we have put into the bags. I have three more bag type products that I am working on, all with similar qualities, yet unique installation points.

Take care and enjoy your bags, they will last forever!

Mark

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I saw them, touched them, and smelled them :)twisted:--no odor). They are truly top quality construction and materials. -g

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Re: G-Bags

I've been seein' the bags on ebay for a while..... I would rather see another way of mounting besides velcro... to me it would look "tacky" when the bags are not attached, also something like snap would hold heavier stuff... Just my 2 cents.... Nice looking bag though !

P.S. Welcome to the EOC

matt

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been seein' the bags on ebay for a while..... I would rather see another way of mounting besides velcro... to me it would look "tacky" when the bags are not attached, also something like snap would hold heavier stuff... Just my 2 cents.... Nice looking bag though !

P.S. Welcome to the EOC

matt

You make good points, but if you mount the bags on the front doors you can not see the Velcro under the arm rests unless you get on your knees and look up. If you mount them in the rear you can barely see the tape when the bag is not in place because the tape blends in so it looks like it is part of the interior. I will post a picture later.

I considered snaps, but getting the male side of the snap onto the car would have meant cutting the plastic and making a hole, and using a pop riveting tool to mount the snap, something most people would be hesitant to do.

As far as the strength, you would be surprised what I have been able to hold in them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My concern is also with the velcro. I have used velcro to keep my iPod mounted to the dash in a more visible place until I get it hard wired (I have a CR-V, not an E)
The solution was nearly flawless during the fall and winter months. However, during the spring & summer months the temp and humidity get so high that the back of the velcro (the part that adhears to the vehicle) would melt and start to droop.
This was just an iPod, I could only imagine what would happen if I put the amount of weight a G-bag would hold on that sticky mess.
Though I have to say they do appear to be very high quality bags. Good luck, and let us know if you come up with any other way to mount it, I'd get a couple.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
My concern is also with the velcro. I have used velcro to keep my iPod mounted to the dash in a more visible place until I get it hard wired (I have a CR-V, not an E)
The solution was nearly flawless during the fall and winter months. However, during the spring & summer months the temp and humidity get so high that the back of the velcro (the part that adhears to the vehicle) would melt and start to droop.
This is my challenge-being in AK, we have severe temperature changes, so I am concerned with the holding properties of the glue and the velcro itself. I do not plan to put mine in the doors, they will go in the hatch, on both sides. I have a 97 RAV4 with similar storage bags and wonder how well the "G" bag will do with the weight I plan to put in them - First Aid kit, jumper cables, shock cords, etc - will the velcro (and glue) hold up to the weight? Should I go with an additional strip or just go with snaps top and bottom? :confused: :???:

It sounds like a great product, one that just adds to the versatilty of my E.....:razz::razz:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Hi Mark. Thanks for sharing your product and being a sponsor!

I was kinda surprised that the bags didn't go all the way down in the front door pockets. I realize you could mount them lower but like that the velcro is hidden under the arm rest part. Are you considering making longer ones as an option?

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is my challenge-being in AK, we have severe temperature changes, so I am concerned with the holding properties of the glue and the velcro itself.

I can understand that. It could also potentially be an issue to those who do not properly clean the mounting surface. We have tested the Velcro with clean vs. non-clean areas.
The area must be totally free of any dust or oil, or the tape will not stick, even with an empty bag, and once the tape sticky surface of the tape is dirty, it will be hard to adhere to the installation point correctly.

The issue is not the separation of the bag from the Velcro strip that would never be a problem, the bond between both strips is incredibly strong. You are concerned about the Velcro not adhering to the installation point.

In extreme temperature situations a bit of Super glue or a light coating of Gorilla Glue will bond the Velcro to the installation surface forever. However this would be considered a permanent mount. But, where the Velcro is mounted coupled with the quality of the product, I would not be concerned with a diminishment of appearance.

I hope this helps answer your questions. Thanks for checking us out, Mark

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello Mark,
Can they be made without the logo on the front? Quick glances wouldn't see them as easily. And I don't like too much labeling in my life. Guess if I have to I could remove myself but then that hole would be a problem.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Mark,
Can they be made without the logo on the front? Quick glances wouldn't see them as easily. And I don't like too much labeling in my life. Guess if I have to I could remove myself but then that hole would be a problem.
Right now I have none in stock without a logo. I will contact you in the future when I have some without logos. You are correct, If you tried to remove the logo, it would ruin the bag.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Mark. Thanks for sharing your product and being a sponsor!

I was kinda surprised that the bags didn't go all the way down in the front door pockets. I realize you could mount them lower but like that the velcro is hidden under the arm rest part. Are you considering making longer ones as an option?

Great suggestions and questions. I am glad we have this forum to share the background onf these bags. We originally prototype the bags to reach into the pocket. The space in the pocket is actually only a few inches wide. Problem is it is impossible to tuck the bags into the pocket without un-zippering them and putting your hands inside the bag. It also made it near impossible to remove the bags when they are filled. Right now I have my CD holder in the pocket, and the G-bag above it. I will attach a picture tonight.

Peace.. Mark

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much weight can the bags hold?

Here is a question I recently received privately and thought I would share with the Thread:

How much weight can the bags hold?

When the bags are applied to the front doors of the Element the ledge of the pocket helps support the bags. The bags are such a perfect fir into the door, they could almost stay put with out Velcro.

An incredible amount. It is not so much the weight and the Velcro pulling apart from each other; it is the sticky part of the Velcro tape pulling off the car. If you clean the car correctly, allow the area to dry, than apply the tape, and allow the tape to dry well on the car, it will stick forever. If you want you can run a slight bead of Super Glue or Gorilla glue on the sticky part of the tape. Then the tape will never come off the car. This would be considered a permanent mounting but done right, should not diminish the look of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Problem is it is impossible to tuck the bags into the pocket without un-zippering them and putting your hands inside the bag. It also made it near impossible to remove the bags when they are filled.
Thanks for the feedback! After thinking about it I wondered if it might be a challenge to put stuff in and take it out if it went all the way down.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey Junebug, it's funny, I asked the same question about the G-bags being longer and going down into the door pocket. But Mark brought some to a recent EOC meet and I saw in a flash why you would not want them to do that. Sometimes you just have to see something to really understand how great it is. I was sold as soon as I saw G-bags for myself. And as Mark has made note here and in other postings, you can mount G-bags almost anywhere. I put one in the back of my "E" right above the rear power-port. And I put the other one in my camper. I got some extra Velcro strips so I could put attachment points in other locations in my "E", my camper, and in my storage closet at home. That way I can take a G-bag from home to the car, to the camper and back again.

I do like the idea of no logo so they blend in with the vehicle and can't be seen at a glance. Good idea Strngr!

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G-bags welcomes Mr. TangoBill

to the G-bags family. In an undisclosed place at an undisclosed location the transfer of one set of Original G-bags occurred this afternoon.

We will not confirm nor deny either of us leaving our "real" jobs early to attend the rendezvous.

It was a pleasure meeting you! And a pleasure not having to pay PayPal or Ebay a darn thing for the transaction!

Great meeting you Mr. TangoBill!! And enjoy your G-bags!

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Mark,

I just received my G-bags, you must have put them in the mail about five minutes after I ordered them, "WOW," that was fast! :shock: I loved the quality and the craftmanship, and the 'no-brainer' install. My vote on the logo issue is to just do it in the same color as the bag, then it won't jump out at you. I am very pleased, and I think that this is a very simple, yet very well thought out idea.

"Keep up the great work!"

Chief

·
Registered
366 Posts
to the G-bags family. In an undisclosed place at an undisclosed location the transfer of one set of Original G-bags occurred this afternoon.

We will not confirm nor deny either of us leaving our "real" jobs early to attend the rendezvous.

It was a pleasure meeting you! And a pleasure not having to pay PayPal or Ebay a darn thing for the transaction!

Great meeting you Mr. TangoBill!! And enjoy your G-bags!
Thanks, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. I haven't got the bags installed yet but plan to this afternoon. They are extremely well made and very attractive. They will make a great addition to my E.

And thanks for meeting me for the purchase. All in all a great transaction.

Bill

1 - 20 of 126 Posts