Honda Element Owners Club banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Shopping Cart Changes

A change has been made to the site to allow you to add to the shopping cart without a login and password.

We hope this makes your visit to our site that much more enjoyable. Thank you for the feedback on making the site easier to enjoy.

Mark

·
Registered
323 Posts
Installed !

I got my g-bags late last fall so it was already to cold to install them. Well it finally got into the 70s this weekend so I was able to install my g-bags in my "E". I cleaned the surface as the directions indicate, cut the corners of the Velcro to eliminate peeling (BSG style :D) as suggested and applied the Velcro. I checked on it several times to make sure the Velcro was holding and pushed down on it along the length. I think that really is a good idea as I did find one of the end had started pealing off after a few minutes. But after pushing down on the Velcro again it held tight. (Note: I do have the original Velcro, I know the stuff shipping now has an even better adhesive.)

That was yesterday afternoon so today the g-bags go on. This set went on the side-walls in the back of my "E", just above the cargo pockets.

Now I need to get two medium utility g-bags and a pouch for the camper.

Thanks Mark for making such a great product.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Thanks Steve, we are glad you like them! Keep the orders coming!

To all of you who have not ordered- Try a pouch - Support USA manufacturing!

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Blog

The G-bags Blog went live this week. Please check it out. I have a posting up regarding the EOC. Here is a link: http://g-bags.typepad.com/

Also the press release:

Lancaster County PA. * May 1, 2008 * Mark A. Griffin, Founder G-bags LLC announces the launching of their new Blog as an additional tool for communication of the use of their products.

Mark's fascination with organization of personal items began 3 years ago when he designed redesigned than prototyped several storage system bags for the Honda Element. Now 3 years later Mark is managing a growing eCommerce business of a variety of storage system bags for multiple application purposes. His dream of having his own website came true when he launched in March www.G-bags.com . Now after the successful launch of his website Mark is announcing a supplement to the website http://g-bags.typepad.com/my_weblog/ , a Blog which will help educate consumers on the use of the products, but also will allow enthusiasts of Marks’s products concepts to follow him as he develops his business. Mark states, “This is a great opportunity for customers to communicate with us directly about use of products, ideas for new products or just about anything else people want to discuss.”

Media Contact:

Mark A. Griffin

Email: [email protected]

Visit them on the web: www.G-bags.com

All G-bags products are assembled in the United States

Our Mission: Our Mission is to be the exclusive provider of innovative storage solutions for people who lead active lives but want organized lifestyles. We want our customers to love our products. We offer our customers a unique product that not only serves their storage needs but offers an attractive and hip alternative to plastic grocery bags.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
How to Install G-bags

Here is a reminder to all on the proper method to install G-bags. More than likely if you are having an issue it is because of one of the following three issues.

1. Surface not properly prepped
2. Temperatures during application not sufficient

Or most likely

3. Tape not allowed to be cured for 24 hours

Again, if the instructions are followed 100%, the application will work 100%.

The tape is rated -20 to 225 degrees F. Area must be clean and dry. Area must be free of Armor All® or other “dressing” like substances. Application of Velcro® to the desired surface should only be attempted in temperatures 68 degrees or higher.

1. Position the G-Bag in the location where it will be permanently attached.

2. Once a suitable location is established, clean the area completely using soap and water. It is also recommended that after the surface dries you use isopropyl alcohol to accomplish a final cleansing of the surface.

3. Allow surface to dry for 10 minutes.

4. Take the supplied piece of Velcro®. Without removing the backing, position it once more in the desired position on the newly cleaned surface. Please note that once the Velcro® is applied it can not be removed and used again.

5. Once you are satisfied with the position, remove the backing to expose the adhesive.

6. Place the Velcro®, adhesive side down, in the desired position on the newly cleaned surface. Press firmly along the length of the Velcro® strip assuring that there are no bumps or ripples.

7. Allow the Velcro® strip to cure to the newly matted surface for 24 hours before attaching the G-bag to the Velcro®. Failure to do so may weaken the adhesive bond and may eventually cause the Velcro® to separate from the surface.

Failure to properly prepare the surface for application as described above will result in the tape not adhering to the desired surface.
VELCRO® Inc. has assured G-bags they have been making this product for automotive and high heat applications for several years now and have proven through laboratory tests that it works.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BEST RESULTS:

Adhesive should be applied at room temperature of 68°F or higher for best results. Surface should be clean, and free of oils. Use clean wiping material with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to free surface of contaminates. When peeling paper backing off from tape, be careful not to touch adhesive with fingers.

If adhesive must be applied at temperatures lower than 68°F, warm substrate (surface to which you are applying) and the tape to elevate temperature prior to applying. This may help bond cure. Resistance to edge peeling can be improved by rounding tape corner. The VELCRO® Adhesive has a temperature operating range of -20 F to 225 F. Allow tape to dry for 24 hours prior to applying G-bag to the newly applied Velcro® strip.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts