Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it's happening bc people suck. NOT mine, but just stumbled upon this guy's YT video a second ago.

Robbed

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,291 Posts
I guess it's happening bc people suck. NOT mine, but just stumbled upon this guy's YT video a second ago.

Robbed
I think he got robbed twice! Once by the convertor thief, and once by the dealer! I highly doubt that he actually needed a whole new exhaust system!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think he got robbed twice! Once by the convertor thief, and once by the dealer! I highly doubt that he actually needed a whole new exhaust system!
You do if you don't want the new converter welded in. The flange connecting the cat to the rest of the exhaust has been cut off, so you can't just bolt up a new part.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's really sad how often we see this happening. I am grateful I went aftermarket and removed mine for performance reasons. My OEM cat is simply sitting in storage.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's really sad how often we see this happening. I am grateful I went aftermarket and removed mine for performance reasons. My OEM cat is simply sitting in storage.
It's like that time in 2008's recession when you're heater and ac wouldn't work because the f'ing thieves went around neighborhoods cutting the copper lines from the outside compressors and sold the copper.

·
Registered
815 Posts
When I had my aftermarket exhaust work done, a scrapper came to the shop and offered me $200 cash for my OEM cat. I declined and still have it.

·
Registered
2004 Element EX 4WD MT | Sunset Orange
13 Posts
Mine was stolen last weekend. I just hopped on the forum to figure out details for replacing it this weekend and saw this thread. Geez.

Edit: In case anyone else in my area is having this problem: I'm in Colorado in the Front Range. I filed a police report and you should too! There's power in numbers for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were you under the impression somehow that the Cat were not in demand?
I'm used to island life. Lived on st john since 2010 up til last yr. Different world.

i'm out of the loop with things that are in "demand". Or rather, clueless.
So things I read up on may be old news:unsure:. This one seems pretty current tho.
I'd have a flip phone if I could. lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm used to island life. Lived on st john since 2010 up til last yr. Different world.

i'm out of the loop with things that are in "demand". Or rather, clueless.
So things I read up on may be old news:unsure:. This one seems pretty current tho.
I'd have a flip phone if I could.
Some of us have been on this forum a while and this has been going on since I joined in 2013. I think when the economy is suffering maybe it gets a little worse, but its not a new trend. I too miss the flip phone.🤣

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where about is the catalytic been stolen? I'm in CA and have seen signage that most metals recycle places would not buy catalytic converter due to new law prohibits such transactions without record keeping. I assumed those law is intended to discourage catalytic thief...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where about is the catalytic been stolen? I'm in CA and have seen signage that most metals recycle places would not buy catalytic converter due to new law prohibits such transactions without record keeping. I assumed those law is intended to discourage catalytic thief...
People don't really know what the mechanism is but it could be anything from shady scrappers in your state, to taking it outside of the state to sell, to hauling truckloads of them to Mexico. They sure do get stolen a lot and all over the place in the USA, though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts