Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont buy silverstar ultra headlights!!! They actually put light a lot farther down the road but they are so expensive and they dont last long at all! I just bought the cheap GE ones at walmart and I bet they will last a good long time 3-5 years. I was talking to the guy at a local auto parts store and he claims that the silverstars only last about 6-12 months average from what his customers say and he also claims that after about 6 months they are faded back to normal halogens anyway. Just wanted to let you guys know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had the same experience except I was usings fords technique of using the high beam bulb for the low beam. The bulbs would last roughly 8 months and would put out a great amount of light but it just got to be too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dont buy silverstar ultra headlights!!! They actually put light a lot farther down the road but they are so expensive and they dont last long at all! I just bought the cheap GE ones at walmart and I bet they will last a good long time 3-5 years. I was talking to the guy at a local auto parts store and he claims that the silverstars only last about 6-12 months average from what his customers say and he also claims that after about 6 months they are faded back to normal halogens anyway. Just wanted to let you guys know.
I used them in my Jetta and never had a problem but in my wifes 07 Altima they were blowing out every 3 months. Do yourself a favor and buy an HID kit for $80 and be done with it!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Same experience here........I went back to the cheap bulbs and have no longevity issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
OEM parts

I was having the same issue with the bulbs until I did some reading and found that OEM bulbs will last a lot longer. I called the dealer and the bulbs are way cheaper from Honda $8 Bucks Cdn. Now that I have switched back they have lasted over a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts