Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doh! When I was ever so carefully removing several inches of snow off of my new E, I apparently whacked off my own aerial. I've got a new one ordered (natl. back order-have you heard your salesman utter this phrase yet?). But I have never so carefully cleared the top of a car in my life. I just brought it home the day before.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, or am I the only idiot with a snow scraper wrecking his new E.

Be carefull with that little stick, it doesnt seem to be as strong as it should be.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well That is odd. I just left the snow up there and hit 70 as soon as I could. That cleared it right off. I did unscrew mine before the storm just to check it out. I am amazed you were able to knock it off like that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
designguy,

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I usually don't use a snow scraper on the roof of my vehicles. I did clean off a lot of snow when we had over 2 feet here in NY, but I did not have a problem with the antenna. I did not go near it. There are some advantages to being on the short side. :wink: I can't reach up that far.

I know I have taken off the antanna when I go thru a car wash (just to be safe).

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a feeling that it you hit the top part of the antenna, it will bend out of the way. The closer to the bottom, the more likely it will snap, although it should take some force to do that.

Definitely something I will think about up here in the Ontario snowbelt.

Iskie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the new aerial 2 weeks ago. It took over three months for that part to come in. and your probably right I should have ordered 2. I noticed that the Acura MDX, the Honda insight and Civic Si all share the same aerial. Finally all the radio stations come in crystal clear now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts