Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI everyone
~~ I'm a bit disappointed in the floor center console.
I had heard that the console from the Honda Ridgeline "drops right in" and I heard that the SC is a nightmare...But I really have no idea. Do either of these actually work?
~~ What have people "actually" tried? If it's aftermarket, could you please include a link?
I'm hoping that this post is helpful. Quite honestly, I'm a bit surprised that such an awesome utility vehicle like these venerable Elements didn't have a more utilitarian console. I'm looking for some better storage and cup holders that are higher and deeper.
~~ Any suggestions from y'all would be awesome....you guys are all fantastic. Everyone here has been a HUGE help to me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I went and bought the flip down center console storage armrest and am going to make a custom double cup holder attached above the factory subwoofer similiar to what other members here have done.

The console armrest is super comfortable and practical.

I think the Element lacked a bigger center console because it was meant to have all the seats folded flat for a sleeping area and a large console probably would have got in the way of that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went and bought the flip down center console storage armrest and am going to make a custom double cup holder attached above the factory subwoofer similiar to what other members here have done.

I think the Element lacked a bigger center console because it was meant to have all the seats folded flat for a sleeping area and a large console probably would have got in the way of that?
Do you have a link to share or better yet, do you have a make and model for the unit you bought? And some pictures would be VERY helpful

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you mean a picture of the flip down center console armrest, I bought a used Honda one, it looks like this

but they dont have them available new anymore, have to find them used

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have been using a Plano Ammo Can for the last few months that was a $10 item at a sporting goods store and it is sized as though it was made for the job!
It also is a huge open space and lets me keep a lot of stuff handy there without fear of it flying all over like the almost useless console does.
There are no drink holders of course though it would be a simple thing to attach some to the box,I only really use Sport Water Bottles when in the cat and they slide right into the box and I could probably get 8 or more of them in there if I wanted to.
Yes the E Brake is fully usable with this box in place.
Mine is not attached at all to the car but is sitting on some non-slip rubber but it would be simple to screw down to the factory console too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using a Plano Ammo Can for the last few months that was a $10 item at a sporting goods store and it is sized as though it was made for the job!
It also is a huge open space and lets me keep a lot of stuff handy there without fear of it flying all over like the almost useless console does.
There are no drink holders of course though it would be a simple thing to attach some to the box,I only really use Sport Water Bottles when in the cat and they slide right into the box and I could probably get 8 or more of them in there if I wanted to.
Yes the E Brake is fully usable with this box in place.
Mine is not attached at all to the car but is sitting on some non-slip rubber but it would be simple to screw down to the factory console too.
Hi, which size did you buy? it sounds like a great idea for me as I need a place where I'll store my water bottles. I'm a traveling teacher and my gear has to stay organized :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, which size did you buy? it sounds like a great idea for me as I need a place where I'll store my water bottles. I'm a traveling teacher and my gear has to stay organized :)
Not sure what size they call it but it is the $10 one.
I know it is not the huge one with the movable dividers as I have a few of those too and it is not nearly that huge and it is also not the skinny one but is the one that is just right!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you mean a picture of the flip down center console armrest...
Thanks for the pictures. That looks awesome! But what I mean is a link to where they can be purchased. I’ve looked all over the web but can’t seem to find one. Hopefully someone will have a source because this looks perfect.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes as mentioned before they dont have them available new anymore, have to find them used

I got mine from ebay, it wasnt cheap, nor was it in mint condition

·
Registered
48 Posts

Yes, this was possibly one of the reasons. Also, being able to get from the front seats to the back, or left to right, without opening the doors is another advantage of a low and minimal storage area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts