1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

anybody know what these are called..?

..and where does one find such a thing?

thanks!

EDIT: Got it: Skunk 2 lower rear control arms.

·
Registered
556 Posts
They also sell them on amazon that is where i am going to buy mine.

-gboy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figure these are just a direct swap...? just plug and play?

no modification or anything.. just swap em out..?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What do they do or replace? I have an 08 do I need one?
Harley
They replace the factory lower control arms, and they improve the 'butt bounce' on lowered vehicles.

If you're not lowered, I don't think you need these.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, im not lowered, but lifted slightly with big ol tires..

so i dont rrrreally need them, but they sure look cool. and since im a wee bit higher, you can see the control arms from the rear more than you could on a lowered element.

thus.. its a bling factor. maybe i will get em...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
They replace the factory lower control arms, and they improve the 'butt bounce' on lowered vehicles.

If you're not lowered, I don't think you need these.
actually, i have these on my e which is lowered. BUT, from driving with them, i think they WOULD make a difference on stock height and perhaps lifted elements. this IMO. i would love for someone to do it and post on this forum to let me know.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
and now that you know what they are, you may want to check out what SPC and Function7 offer.
if you come back to the Skunk2 LCAs, then at least you're making an informed decision.
and, AFAIK, only the Skunk2 LCAs come w/ the special socket that's needed to remove the bolts on the OEM LCAs. and that special socket is not readily available. not that that should influence your informed decision. <grin>

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
and now that you know what they are, you may want to check out what SPC and Function7 offer.
if you come back to the Skunk2 LCAs, then at least you're making an informed decision.
and, AFAIK, only the Skunk2 LCAs come w/ the special socket that's needed to remove the bolts on the OEM LCAs. and that special socket is not readily available. not that that should influence your informed decision. <grin>
i started a thread called "skunk2 or function7 lcas". for your information, i went with the skunk2's. for me, it was because i got an expert opinion and was told that function7's are geared more toward racing and are designed more for the acura rsx than the honda element. i, also, went for the skunk2's because i was able to get a near gunmetal (hard anodized) color as opposed to being stuck with an aluminum finish that would need a few polishes i would rather not give. AND, the skunk2's come with a bushing that seems to me (from doing the install) to reinforce the three funky bolts that do need a special socket that is not sold anywhere. believe me, i would know. i can tell you a sob story about it.

ANYHOW, please someone, anyone, with an element that is not lowered, install the skunk2's and let me know how it rides. my element is lowered about 3/4 to 1 inch away from the tires and so i cannot tell if it will make a difference with the stock height. i hypothesize, however, that it will make a difference. SO, i am asking that the person who started this thread or another element mod enthusiast to install the skunk2's.

P.S. i am available for information.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If all goes as planned i will be getting a set for christmas:razz:. I ill be installing them on a none lowered e so i will let you know how it all goes and feels.

-gboy

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
ANYHOW, please someone, anyone, with an element that is not lowered, install the skunk2's and let me know how it rides. my element is lowered about 3/4 to 1 inch away from the tires and so i cannot tell if it will make a difference with the stock height. i hypothesize, however, that it will make a difference. SO, i am asking that the person who started this thread or another element mod enthusiast to install the skunk2's.

P.S. i am available for information.
Mine just shipped, expecting them thursday or friday... maybe even sooner...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
They're available in a more attractive silver finish. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts