Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

for the last week I have read a lot about the Element and learned a lot about it. Insurance are (surprisingly) not expensive for me (I am 22 years old). So I decided to go see some dealers, out of 4, 1 was really good, the others didn't really knew the car ... I knew more about it than them (All thanks to internet and this forum). Anyways, my question is, did some of you guys manage to get anything extra added to the Element (Top Rack, etc etc) by haggling with the dealer?

·
Registered
957 Posts
You can haggle over the price of the car, or attempt to have them throw in free accessories or accessory installation, but very seldom will you get both.

My advice would be to try and haggle on price first but use accessories as an alternative to price if they won't budge. This approach paints you as a flexible person.

If they won't do either and want you to pay sticker for everything, you should probably look elsewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well the dealer accessory prices are very over inflated. I would stick to price. I used the honda.com site to email all my nearby dealers. I took the best deal ($100 over invoice) to the original sales guy who showed me the car and he met the deal. I told him up front that I was going to do that.

Obviously the price they are willing to sell for is dependent on your area. It looks like the prices on the West coast are still pretty high.

Be sure to check out http://www.edmunds.com. I have found the TMV to be very accurate in the past, however, this time around it was way more then what I paid.

Just remember to relax and think about what you are doing. If you feel pressured, just leave the dealership and go get a coffee. Take a second to think about what is going on. The deal will still be there when you get back.

The biggest piece of advice I would give you is to watch those finance guys. Know what you want ahead of time and STICK to it.

Best of luck :)[/url]

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm sure you can get a some accessories thrown in assumming you are going to get the 03 model year. The 04 are comming out soon and your local dealer is willing to wheel and deal. I got fog lights, mud guards and a decent discount on security and keyless on my E and this was in early Feb. I bet you can also get floor mats, bungee cords and free oil changes. It wouldn't hurt to ask :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
My dealer threw in wheel locks (no big deal but nice gesture) when I bought mine for $600 over invoice out the door. Lots of people get the mudflaps thrown in (though I don't personally care for them). I'd just do what others have said -- start with price and go from there. You may also want to check out the sponsor's E accessories to see what you might like -- carpeted (or non-) floor mats, etc.

Good luck!
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts