Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SP1726BLK Injen SP Cold Air Intake System 03-06 Honda Element w/ MR Technology Black $241.76

21-515C AEM Cold Air Intake System Silver 03-06 Honda Element $228.04

10120131 Save $10 on Orders over $150 for December -$10.00

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
if u want a blue new in box aem intake, my friend is selling for $200.00 usd with shipping. i have a silver aem full ram. love it. and it is smog okay here as opposed to injen which is not. ha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put the Injen CAI on mine cuz I had no other choice and I love it you absoultly know it is there

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I personally paid no mind to what an intake would improve in my E, so I went with what I liked or disliked about the intakes. The differences between the Injen and the AEM that I nitpicked on were filter location and sound.

From what I found, the Injen filter sits lower than the AEM and the Injen sounds a little "buzzier" than the AEM.
For me, a little more ground clearance for the filter is a winning point, since I have a reputation for off-roading and puddle hunting. 1 point to the AEM.
I personally don't care for the buzzy exhaust sounds from the imports runnin around town, and wouldn't want that on my intake either. Another point to the AEM.

These were my deciding factors, maybe they'll help you too.
Here's a sound clip of my AEM just after install:

and here's a shot of where the filter is located, which is roughly axle height, if not a smidge higher:

·
Registered
37 Posts
For me, a little more ground clearance for the filter is a winning point, since I have a reputation for off-roading and puddle hunting. 1 point to the AEM.
I personally don't care for the buzzy exhaust sounds from the imports runnin around town, and wouldn't want that on my intake either. Another point to the AEM.

Have you had any problems with puddle hunting since you put your's on? we are getting our first real rain here and I was just wondering what you have experienced, is puddle hunting in my future? I just put the Injen on and it sits about the same place

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I personally paid no mind to what an intake would improve in my E, so I went with what I liked or disliked about the intakes. The differences between the Injen and the AEM that I nitpicked on were filter location and sound.

From what I found, the Injen filter sits lower than the AEM and the Injen sounds a little "buzzier" than the AEM.

and here's a shot of where the filter is located, which is roughly axle height, if not a smidge higher:
yep. i am rocking the aem also. i added the bypass valve just incase we californians get a shock from the climate changes. the aem is actually quite loud. i have gibson ss performance exhaust system on the back and the aem sounds louder than that when i rev. i love the aem though. and it is california legal. so, gl to all u injen folk waiting on that carb eo.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Have you had any problems with puddle hunting since you put your's on? we are getting our first real rain here and I was just wondering what you have experienced, is puddle hunting in my future? I just put the Injen on and it sits about the same place
I have not had any problems while playing in the water.:) Its also worth noting that I don't have any foglights, so I have a barrier of sorts to keep water out. But rarely do I go after anything that would be at or above foglight level. If you do, I'd suggest getting the AEM bypass. They sell them in varying diameters and can be fitted to many brands of intakes. Installation does require cutting, but only a minimal amount.

yep. i am rocking the aem also. i added the bypass valve just incase we californians get a shock from the climate changes. the aem is actually quite loud. i have gibson ss performance exhaust system on the back and the aem sounds louder than that when i rev. i love the aem though. and it is california legal. so, gl to all u injen folk waiting on that carb eo.
Yea, it can be quite loud...but its oh so satisfying!!
Sure, we may not be moving all too quickly, but we sure sound good doing it! I've had several people in other cars actually jump when I've stepped on it!
SMOG legal = muy importante!

·
Registered
157 Posts
injen cai with mr tech, also add the hydro sheild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sounds great improves takeoff, and have had no problem rolling thru the water, and we get alot here. i am a true die hard fan of injen, had aem before on other cars, it wasnt too bad but it wasnt great, plus njen tunes the intake to workj well with the gains and the maf

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put the AEM cold air system on the 03 EX auto, hoping to reduce the downshifts to 2nd gear on interstate hills. It didn't work, but it shifts back up to third more easily. Once I put the bypass valve on it I will probably lose any performance advantage it may have over stock. Its only feature is loudness under load. At least I shaved weight getting rid of the resonator box!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Does the AEM fit the SC though? I was looking at the Injen but dont want potential emissions test issues I have heard about. And hearing that the AEM is louder, and less buzzy, I want to go with it. Planned on picking up Gibson Exhaust as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts