Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24 1/2 hours before the power came back on here. I hope the food in the freezer is still good.

It was really weird being able to see the stars in the city, quite streets, and no people. Used the E to get news updates from whatever radio stations we could get.

Monday will be hell at work. When I went in today, we spent half the morning getting the PC's back online and resolving issues from the sudden shutdown. On the flip side, traffic was very light :)

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
I got to watch my E sit in the driveway with an empty gas tank.I didnt fill up before the power went out and getting gas around here was impossible.I know that when the light comes on i still have about 10 liters in the tank...but i dont beleive in taking to many chances.

·
Registered
56 Posts
we cooked our dinner on the Coleman stove, had a nice campfire, took an evening stroll along the rocks of Georgian Bay and yhen went to sleep in the Element and looked up at the stars over Killbear Provincial park. 8)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Went to the beach to look at the stars, got a ticket from the park police: No entry after 9pm.

Cooked up the chicken I had in the fridge, drank some cider, read some, sweated.

I finally broke down and went in to work, took a nap in air conditioned comfort.

Confusion continues to rack my brain. I work at a TV uplink, if we went off the air, it would be bad for the company, but not a disaster. Never the less, we have 3 big generators, oil to run them for ten days, a whole building UPS, and individual UPS's for mission critical computers.

The city of Cleveland gets ALL of its water from four electric pumps, and they have NO power backup.

Hum... no TV for 5 days and I shrug and do something else. No water for 5 days... dead. Which is more important?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.