Honda Element Owners Club banner

2741 - 2760 of 2781 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Replaced the original head unit this weekend with a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX (radio or streaming-no discs) and added a new USB port in the small dash cubby between the steering wheel and the center console for the phone cable.
I managed to drill into the dash to mount the USB plug without destroying anything. That was the only difficult part. I used a Metra wiring harness which simplified everything and let me kept the stock sub. I’d replaced the in-door speakers and the A-pillar tweeters back in 2011.
Planning for the little Toaster to last as long as possible. (It only has 53K, so hoping for a lot longer).

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Mcdirtymetal,

If you have access to a car lift, going up from below is (IMHO) significantly easier than removing the intake to go down from above... believe that or not... :oops:

As for me:
While not 'today' per se... A few days ago, I had my AC system recharged. And relatively recently I had a Throttle Position Sensor that was not doing its job (they don't like sitting for 4 years), least expensive option was to change whole replacement Throttle Body... (including new IACV)... Engine Light for (brand new!) IACV came on a few times (without any perceptive difference in performance), reset it... Crossing fingers... Seems to be happy now?? Going with that... Yes, it's happy now... :roll:

Tinted driver/passenger windows... replaced cracked winshield... that was in there too... It's almost like a shiny penny again...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Installed 2005 CRV rear struts with stock upper mounts and SC Springs. All of that = a 1” lift in the rear with a considerably higher spring rate

FRANKEN-STRUT
Monroe 71380 shock x2
MOOG 81505 coil springs
Plus stock rear upper strut mounts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Installed 2005 CRV rear struts with stock upper mounts and SC Springs. All of that = a 1” lift in the rear with a considerably higher spring rate

FRANKEN-STRUT
Monroe 71380 shock x2
MOOG 81505 coil springs
Plus stock rear upper strut mounts
Please post some pics. Also a 1" lift compared to stock height or a 1" lift compared to old, worn out springs? I am really interested in this because I am trying to find a good way to just get the stiffer rear springs with minimal or no lift.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
682 Posts
Picked this up for future work on the Element since my jack gave up the ghost on the Element's 1st oil change under my ownership.
Ah yes, Harbor Freight to the rescue!

I've got 2 of those now (even better!). Makes for really short work of doing things like rotating your tires.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got a whole new front suspension from local Honda Dealer. New compliance bushings, new ball joints and new struts and mounts, in addition to an oil change and alignment. Got clear headlight film put on my finally finished retrofit HID headlights and, smoked Rvinyl film put on the rear tail lights.

I replaced my drivers door handle trim piece because of a crack and in the process broke the locking power switch. Then went to a junk yard to locate used one from a blue E. Cost for switch was $5. Found a great deal on some OEM mudflaps for front and rear on Ebay for around $50 shipped, so installed them.

Waxed the E and thanks to a tip on this forum spent a whole afternoon detailing my cars plastic parts with Solution Finish black trim restorer. In the past I have always used mothers back to black but the results were streaky and short lasting.This Solution Finish stuff seems to be the real deal. Overall, I am really pleased with my recent upgrades.

Attachments

·
Moderator Eh?
12,107 Posts
I officially sold mine today.

First time since 2003 that i havent had an E in the driveway.

First time since 1991 that i havent owned a Honda.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Adjusted the valves on the little lady's Element yesterday. This was the third time adjusting valves on a Honda engine and I am getting faster at it now. It is still a PITA to get the feeler gauge angle right for the exhaust valves since you can't see what you are doing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've taken almost everything out of my Element, and did a quick vacuum and Armor All to start cleaning it out. I'm planning to do a more in depth cleaning soon, because I'm going to sell it or (more likely) trade it in.

2741 - 2760 of 2781 Posts