Honda Element Owners Club banner

2761 - 2780 of 2808 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Drained coolant, replaced upper and lower rad hoses. New coolant.
Replaced starter, intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket.
Only problem is that I now have the idle surge problem. Not sure where it all went wrong so it's off to the dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
New Wet Okole seat covers

Not today, but a week or so ago I installed Wet Okole seat covers on both my front seats. Super nice but a pain in the $&@ to install. Took this worn out/ retired heavy equipment mechanic over 2 hrs to install! Really great fit, top quality materials & craftsmanship. I can recommend them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Installed rear sway bar bushings and end links - as usual I had to cut the old links off with a sawzall as the ends of the studs get so rusty and beat up you can never back that nut off all the way...I can get each of them about half way, which is enough to get a sawzall blade in there and cut the stud in half. I've learned to buy new nuts when I buy the links.

I also installed a new rear bumper cover and the rear bumper pad accessory - looks great! I also bought a new center dash cover (the one that goes around the radio, HVAC controls and shifter, as well as the cover that goes around the MT shifter. Mine were all scratched up and I had planned on just trying to paint it but realized new ones from Majestic didn't cost that much and they look awesome once again, so super pleased.

I still have the OEM door visors to install and the front end links and bushings...will have to wait for another day.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I replaced my rear differential damper - not really sure how much good that part does but the shaft on the original one had come completely loose and was flopping around in there, so in my never-ending quest to tame any rear end noise, I replaced it with an OEM one. Easy job as only one bolt holds the thing on . Kind of surprised how little rubber there is attaching the shaft to the rest of the damper...no wonder this failure is pretty common.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been 2 months ago, brought 03 E home from out of state auction. L front moderate hit worse than what online pics could show and a pack of long haired dogs or a really shaggy neohippie lived in it. Started right up and drove on and off the trailer but had bad surging idle.
Pulled out L front inner fender and headlight area of L core support by hammer and ratchet straps anchored to other cars in the driveway. I was able to find color matching fender, pillar windshield trims, and front bumper from the only E at the U pull JYs about 80 miles away.i think I got the L front aligned as best as possible, I’ll know for sure in a few days when I get it on the road to check headlight aim. I still need to get it to the BMV for VIN inspection for in state title and tags.
Bill.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Replaced my brake rotors and pads. I ordered the parts 4 years ago but never got around to installing until now, and I think I know why. 95% of the time was spent cursing and hammering, trying to get the damn rotor screws out. The rears weren't too bad, but the fronts were basically fused together.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Finally finished up the install of the SC center console on my 04 DX. Really happy with the new console. Should have been OEM or at least an option from Honda.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Decided to compare the E to another utility vehicle......

Reactions: Element Art

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
945 Posts
Decided to compare the E to another utility vehicle...... View attachment 202893
Hey, it's the Oscar Meyer Wiener-mobile! I haven't seen that thing since I was a kid (50+ years ago)! :)

While it may have more visual impact........................ nah, I'd rather have the Element! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
pulled out the cabin air filters to bang them and get some debri out of them,,there only a year old,,iam very suprised how many leaves and twigs and bugs where in them in only a year,,,i changed them last sept,,i will change them again in the spring,,,
U still have u r
E?

2761 - 2780 of 2808 Posts