Honda Element Owners Club banner

2781 - 2800 of 2808 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I installed a 2018 Sony model WX-920BT radio, so I could have SiriusXM and get 2 phone bluetooth. . It was an Ebay find- a dealer store demo radio- they had 17 to sell for $48. It's easy to replace a factory single din radio with this one -- as it's a single din radio with a double din face plate. I only had to drill four 1/4" holes in the original mounting brackets to center the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I removed personal belongings to get it ready for towing. My 2004 EX needs a new engine and, sadly, we have decided to pull the plug?. ( still hoping to find someone who will want to rescue it)

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element EX/2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
49 Posts
I'M BACK!

So I bought another Element. Did that last week. Doing some maintenance on it. Some lights were blown, the seats are a mess. Wipers were junk. Replaced all 3 wipers. Bought new headlights. Got some really tasteful seat covers. There's some really weird rattle in the rear. Gonna get that checked out soon. Drove it from Milwaukee to Kansas City and back. Didn't seem to impact ride quality or safety. Just annoying. LOL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well Done! I've got that in the back of my mind. One of these days... If you don't mind my asking...how much did that run you?
$5500... I got it painted at a local Honda collision center. The shop foreman owns two of them.;)
But I know what you're thinking, it's more than the car is worth, but 1) they did an amazing job, (every piece came off the car), and 2) I love this damn box to pieces. :love:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Installed a new radiator. Mine had developed a hairline crack in the top tank and I was losing coolant. Glad the thing didn't burst and leave me stranded.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I recently smoked my amber side marker lights on the front right and left fender. I think it blends in well, I didn't go to dark and you can still see the lights well at night. Will try to remember to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I recently smoked my amber side marker lights on the front right and left fender. I think it blends in well, I didn't go to dark and you can still see the lights well at night. Will try to remember to post some pics soon.
Ok pic attached, car is dirty but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
104 Posts
Yesterday, I relocated the ballasts for my HIDs, rerouted some wiring, and wiped down the engine bay a little (I'm nervous about taking it to a car wash).

Today will be very stormy so no Element work today. But big things are coming soon - brake pads, struts, tires, differential fluid change, oil change, brake flush, power steering flush, transmission service...

·
Registered
67 Posts
all you need is 303 protectant... marine or otherwise. It's cheap and easy and your trim will look brand new. Re-apply every 6 months or so depending on where your car is .... covered garage vs sitting in the sun by the salt water or something.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I had to rewire the driver side aftermarket fog light (Hella). My fuse kept blowing up and I was able to trace it to the wiring between the bulb and the plug.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
104 Posts
Today, my car went to the shop to have them inspect the suspension, generate a repair estimate, and submit it to my extended warranty provider. Hopefully they will accept the claim and the Element will stay there for repair. If they don't accept the claim, I'll pay the shop for the inspection and do the work myself.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Today I installed a new bulb for the shift indicator and hazard switch. I also replaced one of the exhaust donuts. Exciting times we live in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed a 2018 Sony model WX-920BT radio, so I could have SiriusXM and get 2 phone bluetooth. . It was an Ebay find- a dealer store demo radio- they had 17 to sell for $48. It's easy to replace a factory single din radio with this one -- as it's a single din radio with a double din face plate. I only had to drill four 1/4" holes in the original mounting brackets to center the radio. View attachment 202972
How do you like it? I installed a Kenwood in my wifes Jetta cause it has Garmin GPS and worked great for about 1year, then wouldnt sync with her phone. Then one day it wouldnt even come on. Ill NEVER buy Kenwood again!!

2781 - 2800 of 2808 Posts