Installed new muffler and tailpipe, Walker brand. My muffler to tailpipe flange was rotted and about to let loose. I went with aftermarket after seeing what Honda wanted for their parts. Was able to keep the chrome finisher on the tailpipe too.
Drove it!! A 70 mile or so nursery/walk/fishing loop. Haven't driven much at all since early March, and bluebird (below, a 1992 with 75k miles!) gets the short local trips since she came to us. Kind of nice to be back in the element and out and about a bit.
This week: Installed a new cat and Denso O2 and AF sensors; ran through the whole drive cycle but could never get the Evap test to be ready. Luckily Arizona (Phoenix metro) allows passing for 200 and newer vehicles with one test incomplete. I took a chance, and they passed it except that the gas cap was leaky. I was on the fence about it, but chanced it anyhow. Apparently they have a program to give you a new gas cap if that's the only failing parameter, so they took the old OEM one and gave me a generic one and a passing emissions grade. I'll pick up an OEM cap later on...I wasn't about to miss out on a free pass today.
I also bought a set of sway bar links all the way around. The previous owner had them all replaced, but all four corners clunked bad. They were replaced with cheap parts-store ones. I spent the money on the greasable Moogs. I got the rears replaced tonight and it made a huge difference; now there's normal suspension noise and it no longer sounds like you're shaking a boxs of rocks every time you hit a bump. I plan to do the fronts early in the morning before it gets too hot; the front are two new-ish looking links, but mismatched and cheap ones as well.
I also swapped the serpentine belt and the tensioner pulley; the tensioner appears to still be good, but after the fact, I definitely should have swapped the whole thing. I thought I would be able to drop the belt, swap the pulley, and be in and out in a short time; I didn't drop the pulley nut (I wedged my hand back there with a strong magnet to hold it in), but the issue became trying to get enough leverage on the tensioner to get the new belt on. The tensioner tool I have is garbage (Harbor Freight; it doesn't work well for our vehicles), and so I had to use a long box end wrench. I couldn't get enough pull to get enough slack to get the belt on because I would hit the front of the engine bay. I ended up dropping the motor mount to give myself enough space. With all that work, I should have just replaced the whole tensioner while I was at it. Lesson learned, I guess.
It's finally getting to a good spot as a reliable, safe, fun vehicle to drive instead of the $3K cash kinda-junker car that it came to me as. The wife wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole when I got it a month ago, but now she's making plans to use it to take camping/hiking/etc and wants to put a lift and bigger tires on it.