Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People seem inclined to ask me about the E or tell me their opinions... sometimes even shouting out of a moving vehicle at me on the road. So far I've gotten these comments...

Man at gas station: "Wow... that's really cool. Reminds me of the Discovery."
Woman on the road: "I like your truck! I thought it was ugly before, but that color looks nice!"
Frat boy at 3 AM on the road: "Hey dude! Is that a Ford? It's SWEET!"
My buddy Pat (who just had twins): "That's the shagmobile!"
My aunt: "That's so ugly!" (Yeah, but she drives a yellow Aztek! hahah!)
Girl in the parking lot: "I want that car!" - Her guy: "You can't get that... it's a Honda!"
Cpl. Keith Cavey, US Marine Jazz Combo: "Nice car, dork."
Guy at a gig: "It looks like a baby hummer."
Gas station attendant: "I saw that at the auto show... it's neat!"
Lead guitarist of friend's band: "It's way less ***** than your old car."
Green E Owner at a stoplight: "Yours is the first one I've seen on the road besides mine!"

So what have people been saying to you?

Drew

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good topic.

One of the main reasons I love this car is all the attention it gets. When I drive my wife's Escape, I get no looks and no comments. I feel so boring.

Anyway, I get about an even split of positive and negative comments. It seems the Element is a little like black licorice - you either love it or you hate it.

A guy at a gas station in Georgia said "buddy, she sure is a sharp one."

A lady at a red light asked what it was then just proceeded to look it over with a face like she had just smelled a fart.

All my friends dig it. One of the guys on my baseball team said it looked like a cartoon.

My uncle said I should consider sticking some giant tissue up through the sunroof.

To be honest with you, I kind of wish MORE people hated it. Then, there would be less on the road and I would be one of the few to have one. I know that's a bad attiitude, but I want this car all to myself. :D

·
Registered
957 Posts
Far and away the comment I hear most is:

"It looks like a baby Hummer!"

I think I've heard this at least once every single day since I've owned it. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, we get the mini-hummer too (see post below about 3fer in Austin). We just took part in the Austin Record Convention and had to show off ours so many times it wasn't funny. My husband started offering test drives for $15 (tongue-in-cheek - nobody's touching our car)!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I refer to mine as the mini-hummer because I replaced the Element badge with Mini HUMMER. And just a few days ago, as I was cruising down the freeway with my flames an' all, some black dude in a black sports car looks it over as he passes and then sticks his thumb DOWN out the passenger window. Guess ya can't please every one, I told the wife.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha... you actually replaced the E badge with a Hummer logo? Oh man... that's a riot. :lol: Everyone loves a car with an identity crisis!

Drew

·
Registered
183 Posts
HATE TO BE STEREOTYPING :cry: BUT HERE IT GOES

HMMMM, lets see you live near L.A. (you probably live in a good neighborhood because you own an E :wink: :lol: :D 8) ), you are driving around and a black man in a black sports car gives you a thumbs down...

ARE YOU SURE IT WASN'T KOBE OR SHAQ OR HORRY?HAHAHAHHAHHA :wink: :lol: 8) :eek: :D

THEY PROBABLY GAVE YOU A THUMBS DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE USED TO AMERICAN MADE ESCALADES

OH WELL :lol: 8) :eek: :wink: :D :shock:

·
Registered
183 Posts
OH YEA AND THE MAN CAN STICK HIS ARM OUT THE PASSENGER WINDOW FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT :wink: :lol: :D SOUNDS LIKE 7 FOOT TALL

S H A Q :wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Let's see....

My sister-in-law at easter weekend "Nice Box" <keep in mind she is from Iowa and drives a purple minivan.....no offense to people from Iowa>

My co-worker, who drives a white Ford Explorer "Who's ugly car is that in the parking lot?"

My brother "Wow.....how deep are the door pockets?" followed by, "Wow that is cool the shifter is up on the dash"

My In-laws <they got the first ride in the E> "There is so much room here in the back seat" Then after the ride "You guys better get a security system because this car is going to be hot like those PT Cruiser were when they first came out"

My Mom "This car suits you....it is just too cute!"

My Husband "When are you ever gonna let me DRIVE?????"

Toll Booth Operator in Chicago "Sweet Truck"

Friends the week we bough the E "<laughing> Nice BoxCar!!!!"
Same Friends after their wedding last weekend "We are so glad you bought the E....we don't know what we would have done with out it this weekend! It is the Best car of our wedding weekend!"

I haven't really gotten many comments from strangers....mostly a lot of stares.....maybe because I am a woman and people don't think they can just come up and say something to me about my car...<shrug> who knows? Maybe they are all just scared of me??? The best was Monday at the gas station in a major thunderstorm when a business man in a Navigator was staring at the E while we both waited in our cars as our gas tanks filled....I'm all smiles :)

Peace Out
Diane

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, it's definitely a noticeable vehicle. I've had it only since last night:

-bicyclist almost ran into a bush looking over his shoulder at it
-"Good for you!" from a stranger in a parking lot
-4 people standing around it in a parking lot ...and shaking their heads.
:lol:
-It looks like a Hummer (from a friend looking down at it from 2 floors up)

This is fun!

·
Registered
273 Posts
yup i get that ugly comment all the time, but my girlfriend says their actually talking about me..... she now walks... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
As it should be Misfit.....just tell her "Those boots were made for walking!"

My husband actually thinks it is as cute as I do....his biggest complaint is that he never gets to drive!

I think that most people are afraid of what they don't understand....and therefore lash out at it making rude and harsh comments....alas the E is cursed with being misunderstood...damn it world....why can't you just embrace the new and different?

:p :p :p :p :p :p
Peace Out
Diane

·
Registered
352 Posts
New and different scares the hell out of people. Frankly, I find it very refreshing. But then again I'm stuck in this ******* bastille.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ummmm Okie is about as embracing as St. Louis as far as new and different goes....makes me long for those days not too long ago that I lived in Chicago....where you had to keep up with being new and different....talk about keeping up with the Jones ! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:def1cac3e3="misfit"]yup i get that ugly comment all the time, but my girlfriend says their actually talking about me..... she now walks... :mrgreen:[/quote:def1cac3e3]

Hey man, any woman who doesn't understand the coolness of the E...

....well, she may be a great girl in many ways, but that's not one of them.

Another of the many reasons I'm not dating!

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:74b7b1e4e5="lon777"]New and different scares the hell out of people. Frankly, I find it very refreshing. But then again I'm stuck in this ******* bastille.[/quote:74b7b1e4e5]

Oklahoma.....

I'd better not finish that sentence. I'm a Texan. I'm prejudiced. :D

I don't think Dallas is reactionary about new things, but Dallas is such a "let me show you my money" town - in cars especially. You ARE what you drive, and if you're not putting your $ into your wheels, you suck.

You wouldn't believe the number of tricked out Escalades, Hummers, and the Escalade version of the Avalanche here.

I want everyone to be happy with their vehicle. If driving an Escalade makes you happy - do it. I just think a lot of people drive things because they're keeping up appearances.

I've reached the point in my life I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. If I wanted to drive a 1964 rusted out VW Bug, I'd do it, and to hell with what anyone else thinks. *I* know how much money I have and I don't feel like impressing anyone by buying a Hummer.

So if I have a tattoo, drive a wild orange Element with the windows down letting my red hair blow and good music blast, be happy for me. Or climb in, I'll take you for a ride.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Okay my hubby and I are total dorks.....but ya gotta love this story...

We are driving to Sam's Club tonight....sitting at a light with the windows down and the stereo thumping and all of a sudden by husband goes "LOOK! another E".....sitting at the light going at the other direction is a Silver E.....well as you can tell this isn't the funny part.....

my husband turns down the radio and we start waving and practically screaming (I am sure the older asian woman driving the E was like what the hect is their problem.....did they just get out of the looney bin???).....this gets better....sitting next to us at the light is a middle aged woman driving a tight Accord Coupe (very nice car btw).....she has her window down too and turns to my husband (who is in the passanger seat) and goes "That sure is a cute car!"

That is my dorky cool story of the night!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
i won't even have mine until this coming Thursday :D

BUT, i have had many mixed reactions already when i talk to people about getting one.

Most are positves, like, "that looks like a really cool truck"
"bet you can't wait to make the seats into a bed"
"you could practically LIVE in that thing"

then there was "don't get that, that's really gay"
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????

Anyhow, the excitement overwhelms me each hour as the coming purchase nears!

·
Registered
894 Posts
If the Element is a "gay car", then it doesn't bother me. I'll just politely remind people that June is Pride month after all. :D

As was said to me about a fellow gay employee at work last week, the world does need flair. :lol:

Iskie

1 - 20 of 103 Posts