Honda Element Owners Club banner

What do you do for a living?

21 - 40 of 302 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
I'm the desktop management analyst at Medical Center Hospital in Odessa, Texas. I define the desktop computing environment standards, test and deploy software applications, create procedures, perform quality assurance checks, and aid in deployment of end-users' PCs.

My wife is the lead education analyst responsible for developing and performing end-user software training. She also develops databases and documentation for, and manages the content of, the hospital's intranet (internal, employee-only) web site.

We have a tidy little job security loop going here - I build computers and she teaches people how to break 'em. :D

Rob O.
Life's a beach!
www.2dolphins.com

· Registered
25 Posts
I just put this here because this was the top-post thread in the "Polls" area.

I see the poll results, and I see people's discussions of the results, but I cannot see where I can actually vote in the poll? What magic button am I not seeing?

Thanks,
Steve

· Registered
493 Posts
I work.....(looking both ways, AND up and down!)........for the Government, in an undisclosed position, in an undisclosed location, with other undisclosed people of undisclosed origins. If I told what I did.................well, you know the story :x

· Registered
64 Posts
Small Business Owner, of a Courier Service. Although I no longer get out on the road during the day, my E is a delivery vehicle.
Had it a month....2400 miles of smiles. WOO HOO...........aint life grand
47Ag107 8)

· Registered
40 Posts
Where does Insurance Adjuster go? And don't say criminal or cheat. We really get a bad rap when we are just doing our jobs. Hard job at that with supervisors looking over your shoulder all the time auditing your files and telling you to "work smarter not harder." What the heck does that mean?

Texas is a nice place for a mini-Hummer.

· Registered
16 Posts
Mostly white collar, lots of technical.... As for me, by degree, I'm a forensic chemist, but I've been doing environmental chemistry for a long time now, and currently do research towards reducing soluble phosphorus and ammonia loss in poultry manure via nutritional modification and post-excretion chemical processing. I used to run a company that treated hazardous waste using a chemical process my partner and I designed... Also did some biotech R&D in the field of Enzyne Linked Immunosorbent Assay methods to produce drug testing kits.

I'm not a total geek, though--I can hold a conversation that lasts longer than 2 sentences, Spock is not God, and I would rather be outdoors than in....

Spike

· Registered
1,620 Posts
my paycheck-bringing-home-job is a Retail Manager for a National Chain Specialty Store (I must keep this $$$ job until my hubby is finished with his MBA)

my seceret agent double job is the owner of a start up business....which I will need my E for (another way for me to justify buying my E).....my business partner and I are in the process of getting our website up and running.

21 - 40 of 302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.