Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

piece of semi truck's brake drum with an Element?!?!?

ANSWER......

A picture is worth a thousand words....

So here is six of them......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Is that your gas tank??? That really sucks!!! I bet that gave you a hefty jolt. Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Sorry to see that. It can not be your cute little E :-( I am glad you are OK!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
holy crap! that is something that is not very typical of happening on a truck. If anything usueally falls off its a brake chamber. In my too many years in the trucking industry, I have never seen a drum come apart like that

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hopefully thats all it did to your E. I have seen a few brake drum parts like that in my years of driving and it because the drum was so work that it starts cracking and one hard stop will break it up. You should be able to get a tank from a local junk yard if your insurance will not cover it.

·
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here are some more pictures. The first ones BigTzSqueeze took when it happened. (She was driving)

These are ones I took after the sun came up and we got her E on a lift.

Looks like it took out the fuel tank, fuel tank guard (Umm..yeah...it didn't), fuel pump, and drive shaft.

Slimer and Wick from what we can tell someone was probably hauling junk to the scrap yard and lost some on the highway. (yea! me!)

On a side note...I think I now have her talked into letting me lift her E. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
DAMN! That is a hard hit and thankfully it did not light up. If you want to lift it talk to me about the CCM kit. Not recommending it. Taking mine off.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
WOW!! Glad everyone's OK!!
Makes me want to revisit my idea (OK, it's not mine, it's been posted before) about covering mine with diamond plate. Too many trucks up here not to seriously think about it..... :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Is that your gas tank??? That really sucks!!! I bet that gave you a hefty jolt. Glad you are okay.
WHOA!!! :shock: Duuuuuude...! Ditto on you being okay...!

DAMN! That is a hard hit and thankfully it did not light up. If you want to lift it talk to me about the CCM kit. Not recommending it. Taking mine off.
HUH??? :shock::twisted::shock: Why??? :twisted::shock::twisted: Duuuuuude...!

LBD

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn! Second post I've read in the last 2 days about road debris puncturing a E gas tank!

Maybe it's time to re read that thread about the DIY tank protector. Although, it doesn't look like it would have done much to protect BigTzElement's tank from that brake drum!!!!

Bending the drive shaft as well. Good thing she got it stopped real quick as that would have been really rough with the vibrations and all.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Looks like it clipped the muffler also

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
wow, that sucks.....glad you're ok & it didn't go boom....

not sure it would have made much difference but, here's mine:

the bent corner is where I hit a re-cap off an 18 wheeler doing 80 on the interstate......
:twisted:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Makes me want to revisit my idea (OK, it's not mine, it's been posted before) about covering mine with diamond plate.
I hope you plan to use a sheet of diamond plate steel,because I don't think aluminum diamond plate would do much of anything to stop something like that from tearing through.:?

Sorry to hear about your ride getting tore up,but it definitely could of been worse. Glad to hear your Wife wasn't injured.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Custom Diamond Plate Steel -Yea....Raising my E - Nay

Ok...I like the idea of replacing my (now bent) gas tank guard with a custom diamond plate steel sheet but, contrary to popular belief, I am no where near talked into raising my E!!!!! It's the perfect height just the way it is!!! :stupid:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
BTW Mr. & Mrs. BigTZ,

Is the owner of the truck paying for the repairs...?

LBD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts