Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my E and I've been reading about lots of people modding for extra outlets and I'm just curious what it is that you guys are plugging in to so many outlets.

What do you plug into your 12v outlets?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
My iPod has been more or less permanently occupying the original dash outlet. I've added three more: one in the dash above the tray/below the wiper switch which typically is for my cell phone charger. I added two lighter sockets on the console; originally one was actually a lighter for my cigarettes and the other is used for a 12 volt DC/120 volt AC inverter for my laptop computer on long road trips. I almost never use the rear outlet, though I do have a handheld corded trouble light in the event I ever need to change a tire in the dark. I will also probably end up using the one cigarette lighter socket on the console for a portable cooler/heater at some point.

Sorry, but I don't have any pics or install tips, except to say that anyone with 12 volt DC skills can do these pretty easily. I recall using a tap-a-fuse to get power from the fuse block, and that all the outlets I added are always powered; not subject to the ignition being "on". There are many photo how-to's in here though -- even some stickies if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hownowcb. I don't need any tutorials though I've seen some pics and tips around the site. I was more curious as to what people were plugging into that many outlets :D

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Any thing that runs on 12 volts!! And some things that run on 120 AC, with the converter plugged in.

Dom

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have a three outlet adapter. On trips I run the cell, Ipod and Garmin.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
XM module pretty much takes up the front and everything from a AC inverter to compressors in the back one. Will be adding some more in the front soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess I'm very low tech. All I have is the one outlet (LX has only one up front), and all we ever plug in is the cell phone. Even with a few multi-week camping trips, that's all we ever really needed the outlets for.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I don't have any extra outlets,just the two factory ones.I use the one up front to charge my camera battery and I use the rear outlet to power a small air compressor.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I added three in the console. One is for my phone, one for the gps. The dash one is used for the ipod. The third in the console is for a passenger, or to recharge my bluetooth, but frankly I don't use it much. The others I use because my ipod is old and the battery is shot, so it is always plugged in, almost ditto with the phone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not modded, but I have a portable charging station that has 3 12v outlets and one 12v plug. I plug my jabra charger, my wifes blackberry, my blackberry, or our ipods into the jacks as necessary.

I also put my bb into one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...999451&cm_re=bold_9000-_-75-999-451-_-Product

Pandora and Stitcher work great through the audio system, and it is the ultimate hands free phone!

So I just got my E and I've been reading about lots of people modding for extra outlets and I'm just curious what it is that you guys are plugging in to so many outlets.

What do you plug into your 12v outlets?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
iPod, GPS, Blackberry, Droid, wife's and kids' cell phones. Anything that's running low really.
By the way, I highly recommend iGo iTips car charger and adapter plugs to keep the number of cables down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts