Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now spent two nights in the Ecamper... and I was wondering what everyone else did for their bottom sheet. I used a flat sheet and tucked it under the padding, but it didn't stay very long... does everyone just sleep on the pads themselves, or do you have a sheet/blanket that works for you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've now spent two nights in the Ecamper... and I was wondering what everyone else did for their bottom sheet. I used a flat sheet and tucked it under the padding, but it didn't stay very long... does everyone just sleep on the pads themselves, or do you have a sheet/blanket that works for you?
What a great topic. My appointment is July 12 and I'm taking two flat sheets - assuming that is what I'd need. But I also carry velcro, needle and thread as I find many problems that velcro solves. Perhaps sewing half to the sheet edge and sticking the other half on the padding would hold the sheet in place????

How do you like the Ecamper?? I'd love to hear your experience and suggestions.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hey you're camping so use a sleeping bag. When we used to sleep in our Ford Clubwagon van we used Kelty "Light Top" bags that had one side made of a synthetic that felt like a cotton sheet and the other was quilted and filled with synthetic insulation. On warm nights we slept with the sheet side up and on cold nights with the insulated side up. If you want to feel like you're home in bed make a "sleep sack" out of a double bed flat sheet: just fold it over, sew up the foot and ¾ of the way up the side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great suggestions Gary, but I get too hot with anything more than a sheet under me... I'll look into those kelty bags though! Sewing up 2 sheets might be the trick, but I'm guessing the top will scrunch down after a night's sleep which was my problem in the first place. Maybe I wiggle too much when I sleep. Ha

Ridgeback Mobile... good idea with the velcro!! I'm loving the Ecamper! I've only camped with it one weekend so far, but that was enough for me to fall in love with it :) It was raining the morning I had to pack everything up... loved that I could close the 'tent' and 'pack' it away in less than 3 minutes! I left my blanket up there even when I closed it, so it doesn't have to take up space down below.. that's definitely a plus!

I need to find a good fan to get the air moving on hot nights up there... anyone have suggestions? I'll post on the camping forum too!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
When you figure this one out, please post. I've been sleeping directly on the covered foam pads with a sheet and light quilt over, but when thrashing around the middle space between the two pads sometimes separates exposing the surface beneath. Not a deal-breaker, but the surface is usually cool enough at 3am to wake me up.

Another one here who cannot sleep in a sleeping bag!!!

I use a cheap fan with a light on it; it runs on two batteries and doesn't make too much noise.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I used to keep 3-4 moving blankets in my truck (till they got stolen, of course) I would recommend them again in a heartbeat. Course, another trick to help keep warmer is to get some reflectix and tape it side by side to another length of reflectix and place that under 2 layers of moving blankets.
Plenty of cushion and plenty of warmth. Enjoy.

As for fans... Check out the "o2 cool" fans (I have 3, 1 each for the wife and I. 1 for my office.) They take 2 D cell batteries and will run for roughly 24-30 hours on one set (At full speed, longer counting the slower speed as the batteries die).

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I used to have pickup based popup tent that came with a 2" thick foam mattress. That came with a sheet covering - essentially a sheet sewn into a large envelope that surrounded the mattress. I've seen similar covers for futons.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I have had my Ecamper for 6 months and camped many times in it. I have tried the sheet thing tucked and the worst part is pulling it up to climb out. Plus if it rains or gets wet at all it never really dries. Not that the camper gets wet inside but, morning dew has a way of getting everywhere.
Lately I have been using 2 sleeping bags zipped together. One is a 20 degree bag and the other is a 40 degree both Long and North Face brand. Depending on which bag is on top that's how warm it is. You could choose different bag brands or temperatures. This fits perfectly in the space up top and makes it easy to slide back and climb out. The other bonus is my girlfriend has to sleep with here feet out and I can just unzip her side on the bottom to keep us both happy. When it has been really cold out we will bring a blanket to put inside the bags for extra warmth. Camper closes just fine with the bags up top. You could get a double bag but, with 2 different bags you get more options.
This is how I camp when alone as well. Got really spoiled with all the room in the double wide.
Happy Camping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been using this for several years from my Vanagon days. It works pretty well and has a microfiber liner so you don't get the freezing feel of cold nylon like with backpacking bags. Not super warm though so when it dips below 40 at night I put a down comforter over the top. The really nice route is to turn it inside out and put the bag underneath you so it's double thick then toss the down comforter over you. Super comfy.

http://www.kelty.com/p-594-eclipse-30-double.aspx?category=sleeping-bags-pads

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
did for their bottom sheet
Just picked up our ECamper this past Friday afternoon. First night did not use a sheet. Had sweat pant on and a top. Wife laid out a light blanket to lay upon. Second night I unzipped my sleeping bag and laid on that with my feet in the bottom of the mummy bag with a blanket over me. Perfect! Wife did the same thing. Made it really easy for us to pop the panel to climb down @ 4 AM to make the trip to the restroom. This will be the scheme for the next time out. We are both so glad we did the purchase! :razz:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've only seen pictures of the eCamper mattress pads but would using fitted sheet bungee cords help hold sheets in place?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Set-Sheet-Grippers-Adjustable-Straps/dp/B00KLRY0SU/[/ame]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts