Honda Element Owners Club banner

What do you think of painted composite panels?

• It's the definitive modification

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some people you think that you should paint the composite panels, and others who don't think you should mess with the elements of the design. Here's an opportunity to sound off.

Iskie

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with what some other people said "It's just another SUV" :wink: :D

I thought that was why people bought the Element, but with no gray plastic it doesn't stand out

I think people should leave the E the way it is because it stands out and YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON THE PAINT JOB :wink: :lol: :D

THATS JUST MY OPINION I GUESS PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS

·
Registered
183 Posts
I meant it's just another SUV if they painted the plastic body panels :oops: :lol: 8) :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think the painted panels make the E look like it is trying to swin with the school rather than against the current.....I like that my E looks different....and not like every other SUV on the road. I swear I can't tell some of them apart.

But this of course is just my opinion :)

Peace Out
Diane

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really like the uniqueness of the gray panels. It was what attracted me to the Element. A friend of mine said he would consider buying one if they someday decided to paint the gray panels. Some people just prefer to blend. Obviously, if you own an Element, your someone who likes to be different and go against the grain. This alone makes it very special....and not for everyone.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Would painting the panels mediate the scratching issue? If so a contrasting paint job might be the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think Cameraman has hit on something. If painting the panels resulted in more contrast instead of less, that might be the ticket. Imagine an alpine white Element with jet black panels...

·
Registered
67 Posts
as much as i like the look of painted panels they cause the E to look less rugged. but i think that is some of the appeal of the E, you can customize it in a lot of different directions. you can't say that for the majority of the vehicles on the road. over this year you ar going to see some great custom E created, and i can't wait to see them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the painted panels. It's like the difference between a Jeep Laredo or a Jeep Limited. It looks like the more upscale (more expensive) version.

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
I have only seen pics of one done in my colour GGM....wasnt a very good job in my opinion.....Over all i dont care much for the painted panel look.

·
Registered
113 Posts
To me the E is nice looking, but I think painted panels would be a nice option.
Like peachmonster already said, it might add an upscale or higher level look to the E!

Just my humble...

JJ

·
Registered
182 Posts
I may be in the minority group when it comes to liking the painted body panels, but I made the decision before purchasing my E that I wanted the body panels to match the car's color. My reason for doing that was because I wanted my car to stand out from other E owners out there. I didn't care about making my car look different from other "SUVs" and it really depends on what the owners want to do with their cars. It's just MHO. This is my first time posting a pic and here is how my car looks:

The top lining is painted black like the concept E, but I kept the roof SMM because I didn't want to strip the factory color. I thought it added a nice contrast to me fully painting the car SMM. The only part I did not paint was the door handles because I figured my passengers are not going to care about the paint and it might get scratched a lot. :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i chose sorta alright.. i don't like them all together.. it makes the E look too ordinary.. but for some folk it makes them happy so i guest sorta ok is applicable.. but all in all i don't care for them.. the composite panels distinguishes the E, especially since so many companies are jumping on the box-wagon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts