·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an Element again.
One is 2009 SC with 16,882 miles for $24,933
One is 2008 SC with 33,255 miles for 21,550
One is 2008 EX with 27,362 miles for $20,014
I really like the 2009 SC, but I think it's a little high. They have had on the lot since November.
Any of them are actually nice....just wondering what you all thought of them pricewise.
I previously had a 2005 EX. Never have driven the SC. Is it different drive-wise then the EX???? Is one more comfortable than the other??
Thanks!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
My 08 SC

While I had preferred to buy new, I couldn't get what I wanted. So... I took what was available. Last August, I bought a 2008 SC in Root Beer Metallic. Which, except for the Automatic transmission, was EXACTLY what I wanted the year before.

I got very lucky -- My SC only 9,400 miles on it when I took delivery. It is now at 16,800. Barely broken in.

While I've never driven another Element, I think the SC is a bit "choppy". A little stiff. Although I don't mind and I find that it corners rather flat. Hence the "Sport" part. I like the carpet. And I LOVE the utility - But, you already know about that part.

I like my SC.... Hope that helps at least a bit....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.....my EX I always thought was a pretty good ride. Took a trip in it down to Georgia a couple of times. I also have liked that the SC had a little more "luxury" to it, but have never driven one and wondered what it drove like. Right now I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty with all the bells and whistles, and it's pretty comfortable but gets horrible gas mileage, plus it's getting harder for some elderly family members to get in and out of. I know the E is easy to enter and exit. Hind-sight is always 20/20 and I should have kept the E. But now I'm wanting to come back to the " E family"!
What do those prices sound like to some of you????

·
Registered
617 Posts
$24,933 for an 09 SC with over 16K miles?? That cars msrp was 25k and some change new. I think that dealer is smokin some crack to say that 16k miles only depreciated that car less than $1000 from new. In fact, I dont care what brand you buy, you lose thousands the day you drive a new car off the lot.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You live in the midwest. The midwest has snow. The EX has 4wd. Get the EX.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for some feedback. Two of the E's are already sold in the last few days, so now what I'd be looking at is a 2008 EX with 27,362 miles for $20,014 in Galaxy Grey Metallic, or a 2008 EX with 21,700 for 21,995 in Black. Never have had a black car because of trying to keep it clean all the time. But they sure are pretty when all cleaned up and shined:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Galaxy Grey! I just bought mine last june... a 2008 galaxy grey met. I always wanted an orange E but when I came across this steal I couldnt turn it down. LOVE the grey, hides a lot of little nicks and scratches and realllly shines when u clean her up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input on the E. This was my day off from work, so I went looking again at used E's. Then I saw this 2010 EX Royal Blue Pearl and I fell in love with her!!!!!! Never would have thought I would have a dark car......but she was so pretty in the sun today..... She's now sitting in my garage, and beautiful!!!!!! Will post some pics in a few days under the 2010section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input on the E. This was my day off from work, so I went looking again at used E's. Then I saw this 2010 EX Royal Blue Pearl and I fell in love with her!!!!!! Never would have thought I would have a dark car......but she was so pretty in the sun today..... She's now sitting in my garage, and beautiful!!!!!! Will post some pics in a few days under the 2010section.
Oh good, I am so relieved for you! Congrats! :grin: I have a black E that I am seriously making moves to try to trade in for a more colorful E, it is THAT hard to keep clean.
Black cars are not for lazy people, and I am definitely a lazy person.

I saw the RBP a few days ago and could not stop gawking. I normally don't like that type of blue on cars, but it works for the E. It is actually my number 2 after OBP.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh good, I am so relieved for you! Congrats! :grin: I have a black E that I am seriously making moves to try to trade in for a more colorful E, it is THAT hard to keep clean.
Black cars are not for lazy people, and I am definitely a lazy person.

I saw the RBP a few days ago and could not stop gawking. I normally don't like that type of blue on cars, but it works for the E. It is actually my number 2 after OBP.
I never thought I'd have a blue car....but this is sooo pretty!!!! I am very happy with my choice. And yes, I'll have to keep her clean a little more often. Black is really sharp when it's shinin', but they are hard to keep clean. My daughter has a black Tahoe and she's always washing it. She's very particular about her cars.....(kind of like her mom:-D)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts