Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have been towing a HF 4x8 red trailer for a couple of years now and it's easy to forget that it's back their. I usually have a riding mower on it or an assortment of things to haul to our storage unit. I have also made a few highway trips with it and have had no problems.

I just bought a 16' Marquis Riviera boat. It is a 1979 beauty, I will post pictures later. The weight is probably around 2500# or so. I just picked it up in the Pigeon Forge TN area on Monday and made it up I-75 through the TN/KY hills without any problems. There were a few hills where I had to take it down into third because I lost momentum behind the slower big rigs. Breaking was fine; at no point did I feel uneasy about the trailer behind me. I did leave extra, extra room for breaking though and did not break the speed limits while driving. Uphill starts with the manual tranny just require a little more revs and a really quick/smooth clutch engagement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been pulling around my 5'x10' utility trailer, and may one of these days pull my boat...

It does a pretty good job, however this is the first time I've ever pulled anything with a unibody. You hear ever little noise that drawbar/receiver combo makes...

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I tow a 5x8 utility trailer. We use it to haul about anything and everything. Never had any trouble with pulling it - other than taking a hit with the gas mileage. :rolleyes:

I agree with closer9 about hearing every little sound. More so if the trailer is empty.

But bottom line, the E hauls the trailer fine. No problem.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i tow a 5x8 utility trailer with my motorcycle on back. the element tows well with it. no problems pulling up hills.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The popup is a great addition to the element. Next week we go over the mountain to Yakama Wa, will check out air conditioner and all the local wineries. Then off to Idaho, Utah, Nv and Calif. Home in time to start off school (part time school bus driver). The element tows well and holds its own on those steep grades. Will post pictures.
Best wishes on your search. There is a fleetwood dealer in atlanta that is known for great pricing. Go to fleetwood site check for dealers, they are the only one in Atlanta and name starts with a P...... They were 1000 to 1500 below my dealer but just too far from Wa.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got back fom my Mom's cottage had to pull the jet ski back from the boat launch. But mostly I tow a 4X8 trailer I modified to hold our kayaks on top and camping gear on the deck.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Everything but the kitchen sink . . .

Here's what's going to HUMBOLDT REDWOODS STATE PARK
in Sept!

CDI'ER out . . . :cool:

Attachments

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
We towed this small trailer all the way to Vegas and back :D

Had not troubles at all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
We tow a trailer with our two Yamaha Vino 125 scooters. I got the utility trailer at Tractor Supply. I made modifications and added customized wheel chocks to hold the bikes securely.

I agree with closer9 that towing with a unibody vehicle is a lot noisier than with a body on frame vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
So many different posts to choose from to ask this question but this is the most recent so I will give it a chance and hope IRV doesn't yell at me for not using the search....I have the hidden hitch 1 1/4 hitch. I am looking to buy a 4x8 utility trailer and using it as a mule for my trips to Home Depot (drywal, landscaping, etc.) Can I pull this trailer with this hitch? Am I correct in assuming that the 2 inch hitch can pull more although the amount the 1 1/4 inch hitch can pull already surpasses the max allowed by the Element? Any advice would be appreciated, I have never had ANY experience pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Nitz said:
So many different posts to choose from to ask this question but this is the most recent so I will give it a chance and hope IRV doesn't yell at me for not using the search....I have the hidden hitch 1 1/4 hitch. I am looking to buy a 4x8 utility trailer and using it as a mule for my trips to Home Depot (drywal, landscaping, etc.) Can I pull this trailer with this hitch? Am I correct in assuming that the 2 inch hitch can pull more although the amount the 1 1/4 inch hitch can pull already surpasses the max allowed by the Element? Any advice would be appreciated, I have never had ANY experience pulling a trailer.
...assumption correct!!

1 - 20 of 194 Posts