Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to many different dealers in my area, none of them have the exact model I want, of course. In fact one dealer had several 2WDs, and evevn the exact model I wanted, but in 2WD. 2WD? Here in the PNW? Seriously? Good luck selling those.

All of them so far willing to do a search, dealer trade or intercept, etc. but noe of them are willing to really offer any deal. Guess they know the Element has become a "scarce resource", especially the model I want (Polished Metal Metallic EX 4WD w/Nav AT, fog lights, security system, roof rack and dog package). I haven't heard back from my local authorized Costco dealer yet though, who might offer the best deal. Wish me luck.

I still have two to three months to work with, but the clock is ticking.

Oh, by the way, one dealer asked if I wanted a 2010 in manual when doing the search, so it looks like even though Honda doesn't have the manual option on their site, it might still be available? The sales guy said Honda has done this before with other models too, like the Accord.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
Patience, Grasshopper, is the key to many successful E-purchases. I ended up driving 600 miles roundtrip to get mine, and have enjoyed over 2.5 years of great ownership. IMHO, be prepared to travel to get most or all of what you want. If they don't have EVERYTHING, then, what can be installed later so you can be an E owner now (and not have to finance it, if that's the case)? Most of what you're looking for can be installed later, so, flexibility may be the key. Unfortunately, the MT is a thing of the past :-(, according to many posters more in the know than myself, so, hope you like an auto!! :roll::|

Best of luck in your search, hope to see pix soon!! :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Apparently we have similiar taste. I wanted the exact same thing, less the dog package. I went to my local dealer, he ran the database and there was a total of 1 on the ground and 5 on order (3 weeks ago). The one on the ground had 30 or 40 miles on it and he recommended I let them do a dealer trade for one of the ones on order. So I took their advise and luckily one was finishing up at the factory the day I went in. They made the trade and about a week later it was here. Still negotiated the price down, got exactly what I wanted and it had 3 miles on it when I picked it up last Saturday. Worked great for me and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
... Guess they know the Element has become a "scarce resource", especially the model I want (Polished Metal Metallic EX 4WD w/Nav AT, fog lights, security system, roof rack and dog package)......
Aren't a number of these things dealer installed? Fog lights, security system, and roof rack fall in that category.

Depending on what you need to carry on the roof, a aftermarket, nonHonda rack might be cheaper and more functional.

When I dropped off my 2003 for service today I looked at red Element with a dog package. Have you actually looked one? There are some cute ideas, but it wouldn't suit me. I don't need a ramp for my 15lb dog, nor a kennel that takes up the whole cargo area. The only obvious part that a dealer couldn't install is the dog-pattern cloth on the rear seats.

Do you really want the Honda Nav? What does it cost, $1000? What can it do that a $200 portable unit can't?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I dropped off my 2003 for service today I looked at red Element with a dog package. Have you actually looked one? There are some cute ideas, but it wouldn't suit me. I don't need a ramp for my 15lb dog, nor a kennel that takes up the whole cargo area. The only obvious part that a dealer couldn't install is the dog-pattern cloth on the rear seats.

Do you really want the Honda Nav? What does it cost, $1000? What can it do that a $200 portable unit can't?
Yes, I've seen the dog package and it's perfect for my 45lb siberian husky, especially the fan as he does get hot sometimes (he is never in the car alone, I am not that type of owner). I now most of the options are dealer installed, so the sales rep is just looking for the ex AWD with nav in polished metal metallic.

I mostly want the nav for the ipod integration.

I have finally found a dealer thru the costco auto program who is offering me a really good deal. The sales rep is now just trying to find the model I want and I should be a fellow owner soon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: The sales rep found a Polished Metal Metallic 2010 EX AWD w/Nav AT at another local dealer (a couple was holding off over night to decide and they chose not to purchase it). I might be picking up my new Element tonight if everything goes smoothly.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
Update: .......I might be picking up my new Element tonight if everything goes smoothly.
Again, GOOD LUCK!!! Lookin' forward to "seein'" hEr soon.......:roll:8)8):razz::razz:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts