Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 Honda Element M/T with 135k miles. It has been unused for three years. I had a problem with the clutch slave cylinder leaking and it stopped operating, but I couldn't get to it until now due to personal issues. The clutch had been caught on the ground. So I bled the master/slave cylinder, which was filled with a thick brown sludge, but the clutch now appears to work, pumping up and down.

For the time being, the clutch appears to be in good operating order. All the way down and all the way up. In the near future, I'll most likely replace the master/slave cylinder. Previously, the shifter did not get into gear. However, there are still some challenges in 1st and reverse.

I replaced the starter, which they tested and found to be defective. I thought I was all set, but it still won't crank, start, or click. I cleaned the battery terminals and other components. Under the steering wheel, I checked the relays. Everything appears to be in order.

·
Super Moderator
160 Posts
Does the key light blink when you try to start it? If so, it lost the key programming.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji LX Ecamper “Ellie,” 2008 Atomic EX “Otherment,” 2003 Eternal EX Chop Top “Chop_E”
273 Posts
There are also clutch pedal position switches on the clutch pedal that need to see that the pedal is fully depressed before the starter will engage. There are small plastic plugs in holes on the pedal that push the switch plunger in that sometimes break and fall out. Take a look under the dash and see if those plugs are missing.

A good scan tool with live data display goes a long way toward finding the source of problems like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts