1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
519 Posts
Injen & Gibson is all there is for bolt on catbacks. The closest cousin to the E is the CR-V & little to nothing swaps between the two.
You can go to a local muffler shop & get something custom made with your muffler of choice. But unless you have a really nice shop with a mandrel bender its gonna be crappy crush bent piping.
You can buy some prebent exhaust piping thats mandrel bent & have it cut & welded into a cat back.
I just emailed Kteller & asked how many orders it would take for them to start building catbake piping kits for the E. With their kits you get everything prebent & just ad whatever muffler you want & have it welded up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I really didnt want to spend the money on the injen ses but i might end up doing that anyway.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good news I got a reply back from Kteller they are interested in making something for the E. I am sending them all the info they requested & a link to our little corner of the world :)
I make a new thread when I get more info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Nice, I think im going to weld my exhaust on get a performance muffler

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good news I got a reply back from Kteller they are interested in making something for the E. I am sending them all the info they requested & a link to our little corner of the world :)
I make a new thread when I get more info.
Make sure they will fit it for 4WDs!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have 4WD?!?! But I'll post pics of the new exhaust

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awwwww :twisted: nevermind.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have not heard back from Kteller yet but I did contact another header company. I know that gruvncubn has talked to DC Sports so maybe we can get some options for us opened up soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that would be awesome!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Kteller said they would make a catback for the E woohoo. I have to work out some stuff with him & get it started up. He said that 15 preorders is all it would take :) i'll post up more info as soon as I know something more.

·
Registered
873 Posts
is this stainless or what? & homany bends does the 4wd have? my 2wd is prety much straight to the tail pipe then a gentle bend. I was looking at the ss crv cat back.on flebay for $129.00 & fitting it to my E. gess I need to start craling under a few hondas with a mesureing tape.

·
Registered
519 Posts
is this stainless or what? & homany bends does the 4wd have? my 2wd is prety much straight to the tail pipe then a gentle bend. I was looking at the ss crv cat back.on flebay for $129.00 & fitting it to my E. gess I need to start craling under a few hondas with a mesureing tape.
Spell check please! I can't read half the jibberish you post.

As to what your asking. Kteller has not made a cat back for the Element yet so I don't know what its goingto be made out of. If its a weld together kit I would guess its going to be mild steel. Not everyone can weld SS so that would limit the customer base.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Spell check please! I can't read half the jibberish you post.

As to what your asking. Kteller has not made a cat back for the Element yet so I don't know what its goingto be made out of. If its a weld together kit I would guess its going to be mild steel. Not everyone can weld SS so that would limit the customer base.
No quality bolt-on kit should need welding for installation. The ones that require welding tend to be the very cheap kind. The kind that didn't take shape with careful planning or design. They expect customers to do the extra work to get everything to fit right, so the bends and pipe lengths are not precise... thus requiring welding and cutting. With a kit like that, you might as well just go to a exhaust shop and have a custom system built.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have welded stainless steel many times with and with out stainless steel wire. but why should it need welding anyway ? hows my spelling now ? still no spell check.just trying to appease the spelling teachers and the ones that have a problem reading. I know I do, but cant stand glasses unless there kool :razz:8) just messing with you . we need price & date for this system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts