Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm a chicken when it comes to installing audio... That said, Here is what I had installed today... Kenwood KDC-MP538U HU and a FLI Trap12. I left the stock door speakers because they sound fine. Being that I own an Element LX I am considering tweeters in the columns at a later date. The cool thing about the FLI Trap setup is the space. I had it placed between the front and rear seats. I'll put up pics later this evening(camera batteries are charging). All in all it wasn't very expensive and it sounds great. Next comes the HD grill mod!:D

·
Registered
877 Posts
I love the big clock display on that deck. Seems like aftermarket headunits never have good, visible clocks. I haven't ever seen Fli stuff before. How does it sound? I wonder if you'll have any cancellation issues with it rear firing from the middle of the cab.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry, just got back from my hitch on the boat.... Before I left I had my Friend who is 6'1" in the front, his girl, and my girl in the back seat. The ladies were impressed that the speaker-box didn't crowd their legs, and my buddy's chiwiennie(chihuahua/dacshund mix) sat on the carpeted speaker the whole ride.( he slid around on all the plastic) My friend up front actually slid his seat forward so I guess his leg room was fine.... as for the sound... I was a nightclub/rave deejay in the 90's so I will bump some house or techno along with my Beatles or Dave Matthews. The Kenwood deck has crossover controls and a sub control built in. I tweaked it a little and it sounds awesome! I don't usually ride in the backseat so I couldn't tell you if the bass is overpowering back there, but its plenty up front. I may put some tweeters in the columns but it doesn't seem necessary.... oh, and the front seats won't lay down, but is rigged to disconnect easy and will fit in front of the seat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That does look really nice! I'm looking at the Kenwood KDC-X933 which looks exactly like or is this deck that you have installed. My main concern is having the obvious aftermarket look. Most decks are too shiny, too busy, or too tacky looking for my taste, but this one didn't seem all that bad. Do you feel like it blends in pretty well with your Element?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts